“First time experience with this Motel”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hazlet
Shore Point Inn Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hazlet
Reviewed May 27, 2014

If you're looking for no frills, this is it. My room, #9, was clean and serviceable. When Nick, the owner, found out I was traveling on my motorcycle, he assigned me a room where I could park my bike in front of. It was quiet and well kept area. I'll definitely stay there again in the future. Thank you NIck and the young lady who gave me the heater. My stay was May 17th, 2014.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Boriqua2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay in this motel during Spring. If you are looking for cleanliness this is the place you want and the owners are really polite and nice but there was not AC in the room. We talked to the owner and he told us that it was still cold enough to put the window units. This was at the beginning of May and of course the owners are saving a lot of money because there are the ones who control the heat and the AC. Not everybody thinks that at the beginning of May is still cold. We had to CONSTANTLY leave our door open in the middle of the day and the only window in the room too. We felt we did not have NO PRIVACY whatsoever because we were exposed to the parking lot and it was visible our room. They do not clean the room on Sundays and they only give you two towels per room. No Coffee maker, no iron. The refrigerator was nice and big and we had a microwave in the room. The rooms are really tiny and regardless that they feel cozy the biggest bed they have is a FULL. Is 2013 and who the heck a couple sleeps in a full bed? We had to move to a room that had a full bed and a twin bed for comfort and it was more. Same price of other hotels AND WE DID NOT HAVE AC AND IT WAS HOT!!!! UP TO 70 DEGREES???? The motel it is in a great location and it is well kept but we felt that we wasted part of our money because in the website said AC and that was not the case. They should change it and put AC DURING SUMMER SEASON OR WHENEVER THE OWNER FEELS LIKE IT IS TOO HOT. I WOULD NOT STAY IN THIS MOTEL AGAIN

Room Tip: DO NO STAY HERE DURING SPRING ALMOST SUMMER. I think this is the same during winter because the room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank MysteryDinner7
Reviewed November 23, 2011

My wife and I, along with her mother, were looking for a good place to start a weekend drive down the shore, and while I couldn't find any reviews online, this place looked promising.

This is a very old motel, maybe mid '40s to early '50s, but it is well kept and the owners have made a real effort to spruce it up. The building is a 'C' facing the road, with a huge neon sign (sadly, it looked like a truck had recently hit it). The exterior, which was formstone, has been painted, and the property is liberally sprinkled with wooden animals, potted flowers, etc. The rate was about $50, and the rooms do show their age, although they had been painted recently, and the decor was very homey. There was a fridge and microwave, and although the TV was small, there was cable. The bed was clean, and reasonably comfortable. There was also free wi-fi, which had a pretty good signal.

The bathroom was clean, if a bit small. No bathtub, just a shower. Ours was white tile, but some bathrooms are original, and have great green/pink tile. Our night was not the quietest ever. There is a very popular bar on the corner, and it was right behind our rooms. There was also a lot of traffic, and some late arrivals yelling about who had the hair gel in their bag (only in Joisey!). Luckily, we went to bed fairly late, and the noise let up after the bar closed. All in all, for the price, we were happy.

Room Tip: You'll likely get a quieter night in the wing that is furthest from the bar.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank roadtripperMaryland

Been to Shore Point Inn Motel? Share your experiences!