“Simply put..great food !”

Enza's Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #9 of 54 Restaurants in Hawthorne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

This little piece of Italian heaven nestled in the community where I was born and am still a part of today. The food is prepared individually - so don't go if you're expecting to be in and out as if it were a "fast food" environment. The care the owners take in the preparation of their dinners is immediately apparent - so go there - definitely go there - to be impressed by the quality of their food as well as the "family dining room" atmosphere.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have been here many times and the food and service has always been excellent. The staff makes you feel like you are family and the food is always fresh and tasty. My husband always enjoys a veal dish, which he says is very tender - always. The calamari appetizer is the best anywhere as is the seafood salad. The chicken dishes are fantastic as is the pasta. An extra bonus is the fact that is a BYOB!

1  Thank spoiledrotten1
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Enza's is one of the stars of the little town of Hawthorne in Northern New Jersey. In a state known for it's great Italian restaurants, Hawthorne contains a disproportionate share of them. Enza's has been one of my favorites since the 1980's when I moved to Bergen County. It's not fancy, the waitresses call you Hon, but the food is authentic, inexpensive and delicious. Try the Calimari appetizer which is lightly breaded and fried but uses top quality squid...very tender. The Ravioli's are melt in the mouth good, but my all time favorite is their Eggplant Casserole. It's very much like Eggplant Rollatini only it's flat...Very tasty. In the 80's and 90's when I lived in the area I was a regular and they treated me very well! Now I visit the East Coast every year or so and I alway go and guess what...they still treat me like a regular! As a bonus they are BYOB!

4  Thank HikingFoolCincinnati