“Different dishes tried this night”
Review of Bottagra

Bottagra
Reserve a Table
Sun, 6/16
8:00 PM
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Hawthorne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lafayette
Description: Bottagra brings a Modern Mediterranean flare to a traditional Italian restaurant in North Jersey.Chef-Owner Carlo Carbonaro and Robert Vicari have fused their extensive restaurant and culinary expertise together, offering a variety of dishes originating from the northern and southern regions of Italy. The dining rooms are classic New York City exuding a unique feel reminiscent of modern Tuscan villas. Mosaic tiles adorn the walls; rich exquisite draperies in deep bronzes, golds and chocolate colors compliment the upscale feel to this new chic spot. Bottagra's menu features wonderful fresh and flavorful specials as well as a full bar and an extensive wine list. Experience Bottagra!
Reviewed March 21, 2017

At this formal old school Italian restaurant I usually have seafood, but on this visit, which was with my wife and another couple, I was feeling daring so I started with a special appetizer, filet mignon stew, which was rich, hearty and flavorful. For our main courses both my wife and I ordered what the restaurant called Sunday stew, which was sausage, beef and a meatball with pasta and a rich, red marinara sauce. We all thoroughly enjoyed what we ate. Both my wife and I brought home enough of our meals to enjoy a second dinner the next evening.

Valet parking is at the front door. The waitstaff is very professional and service in general was very good. Our bill was $145 with tip, tax and a medium priced bottle of wine. This is one local eatery which we will continue to frequent.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank LWL3333

Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

We ordered the pasta with King crab which was awesome! The wife ordered the sea bass special and my daughter order the cavatelle with broccoli rabe! The food was outstanding. This restaurant is a must visit!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 15, 2017

Delicious foods! We often come here for dinner. However, we had a party here and we were disappointed by the food for the party. However, when we have dined here privately the food is usually outstanding. Fantastic service and amazing drinks! Beautiful ambiance

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 29, 2017

We decided to try a new place for our Friday date night, and after reading a few reviews we picked Bottagra. We were extremely pleased with our choice!

The atmosphere was very nice. I liked that there was a traditional Italian vibe, mixed with a new, almost hipster, feel. The staff was very friendly and welcoming - from the valet to the coat check girl, and the hostess and waiter - they were all great! I felt like a valued repeat customer even though it was our first time there.

For food, we order the rice balls which were delicious! Perfect balance between rice, cheese and sauce. They had a long list of specials for the night - all of which sounds amazing. I don't like fish, but I considered ordering a sea bass dish just because they made it sound so good! I ended up getting the balsamic chicken special. I was a little surprised when I found out the chicken was on the bone. I had assumed it would be a breast, but it was still really really good. I enjoyed every bite. It was served with mashed potatoes and broccoli rabe, which I found to be a very nice pairing. My boyfriend order a simple chicken parm dish and loved it.

Overall we had a great time and left full and happy! We would definitely go back.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed December 29, 2016

Bottagra has great food and is a great value for the money especially at lunch time.. Went with 3 other girls this month and we all loved our meals. Two of us had veal milanese ($14) plenty of veal and a great salad, one had pignoli crusted salmon ($14)which came with spinach and risotto- not a fan of pignoli nuts so they created a great sauce to go over the salmon in place of the nuts, the last one had a chicken sandwich new to the menu ($10) which came with french fries. The sandwich was huge and there was a huge pile of french fries. There was so much food no one had room for dessert so we ordered another glass of wine from the excellent bartender(Coleen) who helped us decide what wines went with what we were eating. She gets an A+.

Date of visit: December 2016