“I would stay at this hotel again but.........!!!!!!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Haskell
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Check-In: Sun 28 Jul 2013 03:00 PM
Check-Out: Wed 31 Jul 2013 11:00 AM
Room 423

1. The hotel was bright and clean as well as my room.

2. The staff was friendly and kudos to the housekeeping staff for my clean room during my entire stay!

3. The free breakfast was the typical American fare both hot and cold. Fresh fruit was not an option but would have been a nice addition.

Anyway, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Now the "BUT".........

When I got home on Wednesday, I had a phone message and emails telling me that the credit card that I had used to make my reservation online has been compromised and was used to make fraudulent purchases. To make a long story short, I called the hotel chain's Customer Care Dept and spoke to Asia and explained to her what had happened to me. She was apologetic and pleasant.

She took my info to pass along to the correct personnel to start an "investigation". That person was supposed to call me within 48 hours. I haven't been called yet, and I hope to hear from them about their plan of action.

This incident, I blame the idiot who used my credit card fraudulently. It is not the fault of the hotel nor the corporate office. However, their response to this incident will speak volumes in how they are safeguarding clients'/consumers' personal and financial information.

Even though I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again, I might not stay with a hotel chain that does not have a more robust plan in place to safeguard clients'/consumers' personal and financial information!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyValued
HIEXHaskell, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for what happened to your credit card, and hope that everything was taken care of in a timely manner! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here on night. The room and the bed were very comfortable. Breakfast was very nice. It was very convenient to our route. I notice someone said there weren't many restaurants within walking distance. That may be true, but there are plenty of restaurants within a short drive,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are traveling to our area!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

It's an okay hotel but there are only fast food restaurants; Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, 31 Flavors are the choices within walking distance. I was on the second floor and faced the pond. It was very quiet and I actually pulled the pillows to the window sill and watched a pair of Canadian geese swim around and there were turtles.....overall peaceful. The hotel is nice enough.

Room Tip: Try to face the back so you can look at the pond.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Pima41,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It's great to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera P

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've been staying here for business in the last month. Very convenient location and the rooms have been clean. While reading some of the other reviews, just remember - this is a Holiday Inn Express so do not expect a five star hotel. If you are in town for business for a night or two, this is a great place to be. Fairly quiet, normal sized rooms and clean bathrooms. The breakfast included is what you would expect here. I'll be staying here on each of my next trips to the area. The also have a good corporate rate if you are in on a nearby business.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces a small lake/pond. Nice to look out and see the swans and geese. Quiet...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim D

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and our convenient location. We hope to see you again the next time you are traveling to our area!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Nothing spectacular. Clean room, decent television and cable channels. Close to the highway for easy on and off travel. Front desk staff not overly friendly, just average, they are there to do a job nothing more or nothing less. Asked for late check out and was told they would move checkout from 11:00am to 11:30 am, so not very accommodating there. Free breakfast was again...average, lots of meat/pork based products if you have a dietary restriction you should ask upfront for the menu for the am. Beds are hard as a rock but do have a number of pillows of varying comfort levels.

Overall average. Price reasonable/affordable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Kristin S,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to know that you liked our location. Please accept my apologies if your stay was less than satisfactory and that you found our room accommodations and staff service below your expectations. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to serve you again soon.

Zelyn N

Reviewed March 14, 2013

stopped here when going to new york,
place has very big rooms, and a pool.
Right off the highway, their continental breakfast is much more than continental, it`s great,
wi-fi access, access to a printer for some google maps, very nice people that work there
would definitely stay there again,
in the summer, there is a little lake thing in the back, very nice view

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We appreciate the great feedback and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in our area!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Good: Very clean. Lots of choices at breakfast. Conveniently located just off the interstate. Reliable WiFi. Decent cable. Approximately 28 pillows on the bed (the useful pillows, not those "why are there all these weird shaped pillows on the bed" pillows). The pool looked very inviting. Fridge and microwave in the room.

Bad: Nosier than average - especially when neighbors thought it was okay for their toddlers to run up and down the hall while the parents stood outside my door talking.

About those HVAC units - the control was on the unit. While it had an "auto" setting and a temperature setting, that just determined the temperature of the air that would then constantly blow. I even turned if "off" and it mysteriously came back on every 20 minutes. The only way to stop the beast - unplug it. And this wasn't an issue, because even though it was 15 degrees outside, the hotel room remained plenty (too) warm all night. So in winter time this isn't a problem - you can just unplug it. But in summer it would be extraordinarily annoying to either have the thing run all night or have to turn it off.

The stairwells smell of smoke. Don't know if they have a smoking floor, but people stand outside the exterior door (and in winter leave the door open for warmth) . . . and so the smoke comes into the motel.

Atrocious: The "exercise room" is an absolute joke. Kudos to whoever took the picture on the website that makes it look larger than the 5' x 8' space it occupies.

Average: The beds are a bit on the hard side, but got a good night's sleep. No soda or ice machine on the 3rd floor - just a bit annoying having to traipse down a level.

Summary: Nothing super special, but also no deal breakers. If you're in the area - feel comfortable choosing this motel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear LostInColorado,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate your compliments on our breakfast choices, location and WiFi service.

I am sorry to hear your troubles during your visit. I apologize for the noise challenges you had and regret the inconvenience the smell on the stairway has caused you. This is definitely not up to our standard and your feedback will certainly be looked into.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Haskell
Best Western Regency House Hotel
Best Western Regency House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pompton Plains
Quality Inn near Mountain Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen
Best Western The Inn At Ramsey
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta

Been to Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area? Share your experiences!