“Great Hot Summer Day Getaway from NYC!”

Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I went to this property because i L-O-V-E Hilton Hotels AND this property was offering "Double Points" for Hilton HHonors members. I was surprised to find that the bis fare from NYC's Port Athority to Hasbrouck Heights was under $4.00 each way and the hotel has a very convienient shuttle to pick you and (and drop you back there). The town is cute but the hotel is sorta situated between a couple of highways. I was given a city view (which was stressing me out) so the Front Desk staff gladly changed my room to face the :Jersey Side" where I could see some pretty treetops. The hotels Outdoor Pool was nice and big, a couple of others guests were there but it was quiet enough for me to enjoy it. I do wish that there was a option to have food/beverages delivered there but there really wasn't any staff in attendance in that area. A "Towel Person" would've been a nice touch - very Hilton.
But, all in all, it was pleasant. The Business Center has computers to use free of charge - nice. The Room Service was a great value - well priced and a nice varied menu. I ordered in dinner and breakfast (Egg White Frittata - yum) and was glad they had coffee makers in the room. There's also a new service where you can get an in-room massage - shoulda looked into that. Asthetically, the front entrance to the property could use some gardening, flowers, plants. i like going to a Hilton and feeling the anticipation of a great stay and greeter at the door and great lanscaping is part of what I've come to enjoy most about my Hilton stays. With a tiny bit of "teaking", this property could really reach the next level despite it's not-so-bucolic setting. I'd reccommend this hotel without a doubt. Gabby and Jorge at the Front Desk are really Customer Service oriented. They put a little "heart" in my stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed July 29, 2009

Excellent location, outstanding service from entire staff. Breakfast was great & the rooms very nice and confortable. Our electronic lock stopped working and locked us outside but maintenance responded quickly and had us back in our room within minutes. Front desk personell were also very well trained and professional. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling for business and/or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2009

From the moment we arrived to the moment we departed we felt like we were at home. Everyone knew our names and our 3 year old had the best time. He keeps asking to stay at Uncle Al's hotel and visit the girls on the Front Desk.
THANK you to your staff for making our stay a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2009

My wife, son, and I stayed over for one night while visiting friends in NYC. The room was great, much nicer than I expected. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. We had breakfast in the bar/restaurant , where the staff was again very pleasant. The food was served promptly and was very tasty! The front desk staff were very helpful in providing a shuttle to a bus stop to take us into NYC. The GM was a hit with our son, he bought him an ice cream cone!! Thanks, Al! Even though it was for only one night, it was one of our most enjoyable stays at a hotel. Next time we visit our friends in NYC, guess where we are staying...that's right, Hilton Hasbrouck Heights!!! Keep up the excellent service and keep smiling!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2009

My family & I had a great stay at this hotel. The staff was so nice & helpful and the room had a great view of NYC. We really enjoyed the restaurant and would recommend this Hilton for your next stay to the area.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Let me tell you something, this hotel was an excellent choice I made.
What an brilliant, exceptional, great extraordinary group of people the
HILTON HASBROUCK HEIGHTS has.
The food was great, room service was quick and the one of the most important things was, the rooms were very clean....
Highly recomend this hotel to everybody

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2009

This was the WORST hotel I have stayed at in the US. I cannot believe this was a HILTON hotel. The front desk gave us an occupied room when we checked in. Imagine my surprise when I walked into the room and someone else's belongings were already there. I could have easily taken that person's personal items without their knowledge. Scary, huh?

They switched our rooms then came the next day asking us how we gained access to the room! I was in disbelief! Did they think I jimmied the door open? And, every time I left and came back to the room after a period of time, the key card would stop working. I had to change key cards 3 times! Very annoying!

The front desk staff (1 lady in particular) was VERY rude! I guess it's that New York attitude. The hotel must be old because the walls were thin as I could hear the room next to me! They kept me up till 3am!

The ONLY positive thing about the hotel was that they offered free* transportation to any restaurant within a 5 mile radius. (*driver has a "tip box") BUT, when you call the hotel for your return trip, they take forever to pick up the line. They do not pick up the phone in a timely manner. You have to let it ring like 10 times before someone finally picks up. It's just horrible customer servie all around. Btw, the hotel charges 10$ a night for parking.

I was thrilled to leave the hotel and head home. That place was a nightmare! Word to the wise, do NOT book this hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
3 mi away
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe

Been to Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands? Share your experiences!