“Nice hotel poor location”

Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Staff was very attentive and friendly. They had a HH floor but no ex. Lounge. Staff was very apologetic due to elevator issues. Lights in stairways need changing. Manager upgraded breakfast which was nice. Food in restaurant was good. Location, not east to get in our our or find. My uber missed it. Beds were comfortable and rooms clean. No glasses in bathroom? Not many restaurants close by. Not a bad drive to Holy name hospital. Rate was fair. I would stay again but I might also look around.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Katherine M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Ironman91:

Thanks for reviewing your stay. I see you travel often and your opinions and suggestions mean a great deal. We are glad you decided to stay with us, and you found your room to be clean and comfortable. We place tumblers near our ice buckets on the dressers, for next time around reference. Glad we were a close option for Holy Name hospital. You will find the more familiar you become with the area, the more convenient it is, and sorry you had a tough time finding us this trip! We hope you will consider coming back and staying with us again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great value! Clean and spacious rooms. The staff could not be more accommodating. Coffee machine on room with lovely ground coffee bags.
Easy bus into New York city.
There is not much to see around the hotel but there is a very good diner a 10 minute walk from it and pharmacy which had much more than medicine. The needs are great but you do need ear plugs for the traffic noise.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Katherine M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Karen B:
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate you sharing your experience in the hotel as well as some of the local highlights, as well as some traveler tips. I see you travel often, and I'm glad to know that we stood out by providing exceptional and friendly service throughout your stay. We look forward to you visiting us again soon!
Regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Traveled for one night to see a yankees game with 2 kids. Randomly picked this hotel based on location. Very easy on and off the highway, and we lucked out with an easy drive to and from the stadium. Hotel was clean and quiet. The kids would have liked am indoor pool, as weather did not permit swimming, but we knew that before. We had skyline view, and it was worth it. Reasonably priced. I agree the hotel is weathered in some areas, but with as much traffic that comes through, overall, it's in great shape. The staff was super friendly. All in all, a good stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear kelly b:

Thanks for sharing! Glad you chose to stay with us and we were a convenient choice while you and your family attended the game. We are thrilled you were met with friendly staff, and a great view. Sorry the weather didn't cooperate for the pool, but keep in mind that the pool is warm and ready for your return, and we will do our best to make sure the sun shines next time around. :-)
Go Yankees!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our stay at the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights in New Jersey could not have been any better, from the lovelly staff to the excellent service we received. The location is in an excellent location for traveling.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Ronald K:

Thank you for sharing! We are glad to know you enjoyed your time with us here in New Jersey, and I'm glad to know that our team here was friendly, helpful and welcoming. We really hope you come back for a visit again soon!

Warm Regards,
Katherine M

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days on business. The hotel staff at the front desk seemed a bit bothered by my late check in and I didn't feel very welcomed. The room was clean but more time could of been spent in the bathroom by the cleaning staff. The location is super as it's right by the highway. The NYC skyline is distant but it's there. I would say a good stay for business but that's it .

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Katherine M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Sobecki:

Thanks for sharing your review. Glad we are a conveninet choice for business. I'd hope that upon your return to the area you have a much more positive service experience as I do believe the hurried welcome you received is the exception to our norm. I apologize on behalf of my team for the impression we left you with. You should expect a warm firendly greeting, and a clean room and we will work very hard to deliver on that promise to you moving forward. Thanks again, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights. Great (distant) view of city, but you pay extra for this. Garbage not cleaned from room for 3 days. Water not replaced after 1st night, neither was coffee or tea machine. After complaining on 4th morning (same problem with most of the 22 rooms I had booked) I was told it would be done. Came back that evening and 3 day old food still rotting in corridor. I collected a bin full of waste and took it down to reception for disposal. They said sorry and just laughed. Other people in the group had to dump garbage in the lift area, next to piles of dirty sheets, left by the cleaners. This hotel doesn't have room service. Some desk staff are great, some couldn't care less. Spent 40 minutes on the phone, with reception just hanging up. Hotel could have been on fire for all they knew!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TRAVELPRO_8

Dear travelpro_8:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am truly disappointed to know that you had found our hotel's cleanliness and the attention to your room unsatisfactory. I want you to know that this is unacceptable and not to our standards either, and I truly apologize not just for the condition of your room, but for a poor response and followup from our team. As a frequent traveler you know what you should expect from us as a Hilton and we will continue to work very hard to change your overall impression of us. Please should you have any further comment, know that I am available to speak with directly. We appreciate your loyalty, and your feedback as it allows us to constantly improve upon our services.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I spent several days here recently. The housekeeping,restaurant and front desk staff were really friendly and helpfull.
On one occasion when I had found out the hard way that New Jersey Transport don't like casual parking at most stations and that there were major delays into New York City by road, the front desk supervisior saved the day by arranging for the hotel van to take us to the station and collect us on the way home.
I could not fault our room with its view of the New York Skyline.
Restaurant was comparable in price with other outlets which, by the way all seem to be getting quite expensive in the USA.

Room Tip: Don't worry about the proximity of Teterboro Airport, I couldn't hear it