“BMW Meeting”

Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Close to Teterboro Airport. Hotel provided an excellent location for the meeting! Location to New York City was a plus. The shuttle service the hotel provided was very beneficial to my group. The breakfasts and lunches served on the scenic 12th Floor were very much enjoyed by all.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Katherine M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Richard O:
Thanks so much for sharing your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and please know that we enjoying hosting you and all of the BMW group. It was a fun event for us all, and we are glad to know that you enjoyed it, as well as all that our hotel has to offer, including the shuttles, food and the views, while visiting us. We welcome you back anytime!

Regards,
Katherine M.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed May 1, 2014

A nice hotel, a bit dated but still nice. For me it was very convenient to get to the Hackensack Hospital just down the road. And not a bad bus ride to the Port Authority bus terminal in NYC. The staff was very good, the young shuttle driver did have somewhat of an attitude. However, Lian at the front desk was really great with customer service and should be pointed out. The room my wife and I had, had an excellent view of NYC. I would stay at this hotel again. The fitness room was above average although it only has a recumbent bike where I like a regular bike (it did also have treadmills, ellipticals,free weights and weight machine). Restaurant has fantastic carrot cake although very expensive at $10 a slice).

Room Tip: Get a higher room (11th floor) with a a view of NYC.

Dear BobbyRose:

We are so glad you chose to stay with us while visiting Hackensack Medical, as we are conveniently located, shuttle makes it even more so, and we are happier to hear such great feedback about your stay overall. We try our best to provide friendly and helpful service throughout, and thanks for recognizing Lian for his outstanding customer service. He's great and it means a lot to hear it here on trip Advisor! Thanks for the feedback about the fitness facility as well, and next time you are in town, please make sure to enjoy a slice of carrot cake on my behalf!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Hotel lobby was very nice and the desk staff were exceptionally nice. I really felt appreciated for staying at the hotel. But the price of a continental breakfast $17, and charging for internet is enough to make me not come back. Also my room was exceptionally dusty which grossed me out and the drinking water was never replenished after the first day.

1  Thank David P

Dear David P.:
Thanks for reviewing us! We're glad you had a welcoming experience and found our staff to be helpful throughout your stay. It could have been more consistent throughout and we will work with our housekeeping team as you should expect a clean room, free of dust when you arrive. Sorry that it made for an uncomfortable arrival experience. That's not what you should expect and we will work hard to avoid this problem moving forward. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Coming from the south I have come to expect famous "southern hospitality" and was very pleasantly surprised by how very polite, accomadating and helpful everyone that I came in contact with at the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights, NJ was. Certainly not the stereotypical abrasive folks that you can occasionally encounter in the northest.

Dear Kelly B.,

Thanks so much for sharing your positive review. We try really hard to overcome the reputation that precedes us :-) . It was a pleasure to have you here with us as our guest, and we hope you'll consider visiting us again if your travel takes you up this way.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The location is good if you are planning on going to NYC and need somewhere close. The NYC view is "okay". You can see planes coming into Newark Airport at pretty close ranges, but besides that I think this location is average. The cleaning staff is very nice. Lobby looks understaffed... lines were too long at check-in.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Robert H.:

Thanks for reviewing us. We are glad to be a convenient location and option for you and I'm glad you got to take in the view while here! Not only do you see Newark, but LGA, JFK and locally Teterboro Airport so if planes are your thing- this is a great vantage point. I must say I don't like to be considered your least favorite Hilton, as this indicates that you travel to many Hilton's and you know what to expect, and we didnt meet that. Please know your comments are helpful to us in making sure that we do our best moving forward to not disappoint you or someone else again. Thanks for recognizing our friendly housekeeping staff and I'm glad that we could be of service to you! I hope for the opportunity to change your opinion, and welcome you back someday soon.

Katherine M

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I am a pilot and had to attend Flight Safety for 19 days just recently. I stayed at the Hilton for 19 nights. I ate almost all my meals there in the dining room. I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past after working flights into Teterboro airport...it's a popular place for flight crews to stay. After my 19 days I must say the quality is great, rooms, cleanliness etc. However, the rooms on the side by the streets are loud, with many truck noises banging and clanging thru the night. I switched half way thru my stay to the airport side, much quieter with a great view of NYC skyline. The area is close knit houses / suburban, but tidy clean and safe to walk in for sure.

The restaurant staff has been there many years and give great service, sometimes trying to create custom food if you don't see anything you want. All the menu items I tried were fabulous, gourmet quality. However, it comes at a steep price. The French Onion soup is one of the best I've ever had, but just a crock of it is about $11. Most entrees are 25 to 45 dollars! If my employer wasn't paying for it, I could never afford to eat here with my family. But, you do get outstanding quality each and every time.

Breakfast is a good buffet, but expensive and limited on fruits and some items. But for what they had the quality was great again, eggs, etc... The only bad thing, is the hotel has dropped the massive morning buffets they used to have, for this smaller one....and the in house Starbucks Coffee they used to brew has been replaced by a tasteless nothing coffee.... what happened to the coffee?!? Seriously, I've had better coffee at a discount hotel chain. But, that aside, once again, it's a great stay, expensive, but outstanding quality meals. I'll certainly stay again, it's my #1 choice when over-nighting around Teterboro area!

Room Tip: stay on east facing rooms aiming at the city or airport ...much quieter !

Dear Jetpeter1:

Thanks so much for the great feedback about our hotel and the positive service experience you had while here for an extended stay. It's important to us to know that you feel at home with our team here when you have to be away from yours for such a long time. We are so glad you enjoyed your time here, and we hope to see you back again with us soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I booked this hotel through hotwire for romantic night with my gf and they ruined whole night.
I asked for King bed of course and they denied it due to lack of one bed room, and there were only 3 cars in the parking lot. wow. This guy he didn't even try or seems to try.
But I understand I can't urge to have what I want since I booked through bidding site.
Here are the cons and cons only.

Cons:
1. They haven't seem to change the comforter for a while, I could smell weird odor.
2. You can hear toilet water flushing from other rooms all night so disgusting and bothered.
3. You have to pay $10 parking fee. No near hotel does.
4. I asked for wine opener and they urge me to come down to the bar and ask for it. what a service. thank you.
5. Service.

Room Tip: try to avoid the room you can hear toilet water flushing from other rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Katherine M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Chris J:
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 3 in Saddle Brook
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands

Been to Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands? Share your experiences!