“Welcoming, well-maintained & convenient”

Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. King room was very large and comfortable. The heating/cooling system actually worked and worked well. We were able to dial in the exact comfort level we desired. Conveniently located next to major highways and only a short distance from NYC.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Katherine M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Swanvestas-

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We are really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be friendly and helpful throughout your visit, as well as found your guest room comfortable as well! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Sincereley,
Katherine M

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The room was very comfortable. The bed especially! I liked having the coffee maker and safe available. The room was cleaned every day better than most hotel's I've stayed in. The only complaint I have really is the water pressure in the shower was very low.

1  Thank Linda A

Dear Linda A,

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you found your room to be clean, comfortable, and convenient for your needs. We've shared your comments with our housekeeping team, and appreciate you taking the timeto recognize their efforts. If you have an opportunityt o respond to me via a private message- I would like to follow up on the low water pressure comment- so we can have the room you stayed in serviced accordingly. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return in the near future!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've stayed at the Hilton in Hasbrouck Heights NJ several times. I was there during Hurricane Sandy and most recently during a snow storm that shut down the New York City/Newark metropolitan area. During both events, the hotel's service and concern for the guests was paramount. In addition, the rooms are nice and the fitness center is well equipped. The restaurant staff is very friendly and remembers me even when there are months that pass between my visits.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of New York City.

Dear Richard E. J-
Thanks so much for sharing your positive feedback here! It seems that bad weather follows you, though I am glad that you found our team to be accomodating at every turn. It's great to feel welcomed as a repeat guest, and I'm so glad to hear that our restaurant staff had done so, even if it had been a few months since your last stay with us. As always, we look forward to your return, hopefully bringing with it some sunshine next time around!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Unfortunately, I did not visit this hotel for pleasure. My best friends husband had a sudden medical problem and was put on life support. Unfortunately a few days later the life support was discontinued and he passed away. I had planned to spend that night at the hospital with her but since there was no longer a need I was going to return home. My friend at that time stated that she did not want to return home without her husband. I decided to search the area and see if there was a hotel in the area. I was able to find a room at this hotel for that evening for a very reasonable AAA rate of $108 plus taxes. Check in was very quick and the front desk gentleman was very professional and compassionate. Upon check in, I informed the gentleman who checked me in of my friends situation and I inquired as to whether there was a microwave that could be used as we had food that needed to be heated up and we had no cutlery and dishes. The gentleman that checked us in informed us that he would have someone bring the dishes up to the room and directed me as to where the microwave was for later use. As we proceeded to the elevator I was called back by the person at the desk and asked if we would like to have dinner on the hotel that night. I politely declined as we had food that was given to us and did not think that my friend would be up to sitting in a restaurant for dinner. I was then offered breakfast vouchers for a full american breakfast which I accepted. Soon after checking into room 707 someone knocked on the door with the plates and utensils as promised. The room was very clean. It was a connecting room and I heard nothing that night from the other room. Shower was great, toiletries were present, thermostat worked and we had a very comfortable stay that evening. The next morning we had many phone calls to make and answer and time was ticking away. I was beginning to think that we would not make breakfast or check at 11AM. I called the front desk and asked if we could have a little extra time and they gave us an additional two hours. We went down to breakfast, we had the continental breakfast plus we were able to order from the menu. The waiter was very nice, especially given the fact that we came down 5 minutes prior to closing. My friend was unable to eat so they packed her breakfast nicely for her. Though the circumstances of this stay were not ideal I would absolutely come back to this hotel as customer service is excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kim P
Katherine M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

First off, please know that we all extend our deepest condolences for your loss. We are glad to have been of service to you and your friend during this difficult time. Its good to hear that your hotel experience was a positive one throughout your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Take Care,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Some minor problems that the staff corrected and some they did not. They did not handle snow very well and wi-fi in the room was not very good but other then that the room was clean the staff was very helpful, breakfast was very good..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm glad you found your accomodations to be comfortable, and breakfast enjoyable as well as our team to be helpful throughout your visit. Our guests safety is most important to us, and you have our assurance our attention is on the entryways and parking lots during all snow events. Thanks for reporting where more attention was needed. We are looking forward to spring around here as we are running out of room to put all of the snow! We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

What an awful Hilton this is! At a rate of $544 per night plus taxes I'd hoped for something a bit classy. What I got was a cramped & dusty room which looked nothing like the photographs on the internet. During a four night stay the room was cleaned only once and precious little sleep was encountered due to the noisiest heating system known to man. Check-in was OK but from that point on the Hilton brand let itself down. Staff attitude was poor with one manager needlessly interrupting a group conversation to ask some pretty pointless (and intrusive) questions. The coup de grace was how Hilton billed my credit card on January 14th even though I didn't check out until February 2nd - desperate for some cash there Hilton?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you found your stay to be a disappointing one. Please know that we have taken notice of your comments with regard to the cleanliness and condition of your guest room, and have since had them addressed. You should expect consistent delivery of service throughout your visit, and I'm sorry we didn't meet those expectations. If you wish to discuss further your stay, including your billing concerns, please know I am available for contact.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

From the moment I walked in to the hotel I was disappointed. The gentleman behind the from desk seemed indifferent to our arrival. Usually you are greeted with a friendly smile and a how are you today. There wasn't even a "thank you for your loyalty as a hilton honors member" as there usually is. When I got to my room I realized that I had not received my complimentary two bottles of water so I called down to the front desk...was put on hold for several minutes until I hung up. The front desk called me back with no apologies for the hold. I explained the situation and they said they would send someone right up. That was at 3:30 in the afternoon. i finally received those two bottles of water at 10:15 p.m. after I stopped by the front desk to inquire again.

The dinner menu in the restaurant is limited and extremely unflavored not to mention highly overpriced. Continental breakfast will set you back $18 and if you add eggs you are now up to $25!

We were there during a snow fall and when we left the next morning for our meeting they had not cleared the snow from in front of the door. They instead were working at the end of the building where no one was walking. When I left the next day they had still not cleared the walkway to the cars or even salted the walks.

The lighting in the room and especially in the bathroom is very dim. There are no electrical outlets near the bed except for behind one of the mattresses so I had to pull the mattress out to plug in my phone for the night or my computer. The heat was inconsistent in the room and didn't seem to work correctly.

The bed was comfortable and the sheets seemed to be clean so that is the one positive but that is it.

If it were up to me I would not stay in that hotel again.

1  Thank PattyNell17
Katherine M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I see that you travel often, and I want you to know that we take your feedback very seriously. I am disappointed to know that you had multiple service failures as this is not the experience we want our guests to have with us. If you don't mind I will contact you via PM so we can speak more on your recent visit. I do hope that the next time you travel to this area, you stay with us, and find your accomodations and our service to be much more welcoming and enjoyable throughout.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 3 in Saddle Brook
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands

Been to Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands? Share your experiences!