“Good except for brekfast”

Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Reviewed December 10, 2013

a nice hotel located on the Teterboro Airport, easy to get access to the NY transit. The bad part of this hotel is the breakfast. For such a room price, the breakfast is not included, very expensive (17-22$) with limited choice for such a price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Katherine M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2014

Hello!

I am not sure how we missed this response- a long time coming! I wanted to let you know that we take your feedback to heart and we hope that you found our breakfast offerings improved in the future. Warm Regards,

Katherine >M

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel used to be the Sheraton. It is slightly old but the rooms are comfortable. Comfy beds, poewrful aircon, quiet location. Free WiFi. I didn't have breakfast but our pilots said it was good. Convenient location if you need to be close to Teterboro airport but it is quite a way to get to Manhattan (about 80 US$ by cab).
There's a pool and fitness room which I didn't use, though.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank usuallyscubadoc
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear usuallyscubadoc,
Thank you for your feedback. We do offer complimentary shuttle service that provides transportation to the local NJ Transit bus stop. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights and hope you will be able to take advantage of our additional amenities in the future. We wish you all the best for a happy and safe New Year.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Strongly recommend for business travel. Great location and good value. Free parking. Decent bar with breakfast and easy going stuff. If travel with Family, would recommend eat out, since the menu is not extensive, but accommodating.

1  Thank Evgeniy L

Dear Evgeniy L,

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our new Chef Sebastian is currently working on a new and exciting menu to be released early 2014.. We hope that the next time you’re in town on business or traveling with family you’ll stay with us and try the new menu. We wish you all the best for a happy and safe New Year.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed in this hotel a couple times. Convenient location for its proximity to various highways. The room this time was slightly worse than previous times - not as clean and I guess the hotel has aged. Ok breakfast. Not a lot of items. Don't expect much but no major complaints.

The hotel is more like a Hilton Garden Inn than a Hilton.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Katherine M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Duckioo:

Thanks so much for your feedback. Coming from a frequent traveler like yourself, it means a lot to us, and helps us to continually improve upon our services offered. You should expect a warm welcome, a comfortable and clean room consistently from us, and I'm sorry if we missed that mark this time around. I hope to see you back soon and I invite you to contact me directly so that I may ensure your next stay is a great one!
Warm regards,
Katherine M.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I checked in with a group rate of $129 per night for a Saturday and Sunday. When my friend made reservations for Saturday, her rate was $119. So I phoned to ask for the lower rate but was told that my rate was an average rate of $119 for Saturday and $149 for Sunday. I think good customer service would have suggested at least giving me a rate of $119 for Saturday to make my business appreciated. I was working a trade show on Sunday and did not have a table cloth for my table. I asked the desk clerk if I could borrow one. He said someone from food and beverages would meet me with a table cloth at the event. So I started to set up, putting everything on the floor and waited for the table cloth. After a half hour I returned to the same clerk who stated that the food manager said the event was to supply their own table cloths so I could not have one. When I first asked and he spoke to someone he said it was fine. I waited. When I returned I asked if he thought of finding me at the event to let me know that I would not be getting the table cloth. He said he thought the food manager would contact me. I then asked if I could rent a table cloth for the day but I was told no. Also when I checked in, no one was at the front desk. The bellman had to get someone. This was 4PM. When two people emerged from the back room to the front they were gossiping about a customer. I ate in the very vacant restaurant on Saturday. The pizza ordered was horrible, especially for the price. Plus a drunk at the bar kept threatening everyone (all ten of us) yet no one called the police. The bartender finally convinced him to leave as he become more violent. Than people from the hotel stood in a pack watching him outside and debating what to do. It was very unsettling. As for safety, the parking lot had the entrance pole up from Sunday morning to Monday afternoon. So much for security! And the heater in room 709 did not work. I had to get up several times to restart. After it hit the temperature, it would shut off and not re-start even when the temperature dropped. Finally the woman who checked me out on Monday could barely be bothered. No good bye or thank you for staying. Just gave me the bill and headed back into the side room. And I am a Hilton Honors guest.

Dear Ed F:
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for all of the inconveniences you experienced during your time with us. We appreciate your honest feedback and we've addressed these issues with our staff. Your safety and security is paramount to us, and I apologize that another person's behavior had made you feel uncomfortable at all. I want you to know our staff had addressed this matter immediately following the event as it occurred. We certainly hope that you'll return to our property in the future as we will continuously work towards improving our guest satisfaction.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Everyone involved in our event loves the Hilton - our exhibitors, our exhibitors, our management team. We wish you had more available exhibition space for us to use. Your excellent location is convenient to our exhibitors and our paying public, right in the heart of our marketing demographics.

Dear Jesse M K:
So glad we could be of service to you and your exhibitors for the show again. Glad to know we are not only a convenient location, but one that your participants and guests are comfortable with and we always welcome you back! Warm Regards and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have stayed here a 3 times on business and the rooms were filthy. Stained bed sheets..... The eggs at AM breakfast could not be eaten. The Choice Hotels free breakfast far exceed the food quality. As for dinner ate their the first time and NEVER again. While sitting in the lobby waiting for my husband to park the car a man walked up to me and threatened my life. Hotel did not even call the police on this guy. But did say the manger was driving around looking for him!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with your experience as we strive to ensure all of our guests feel welcome and all of your needs are met. Our guests safety and security are paramount to us, and what had occurred with the gentleman in the restaurant has been followed up by our management team accordingly, ensuring that this person will not be welcomed back. I apologize that this encounter had made such an impression, and made you feel uncomfortable with your stay.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you’ll consider staying with us again. Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#1 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands

Been to Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands? Share your experiences!