“great location & excellent service!”

Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Reviewed March 12, 2008

We attended a reception for our niece which was held at the Skyroom in this hotel. Not living in the area, we had advance reservation for two nights. Our guest room although not luxurious was large and comfortable,with everything in excellent working condition. Their restaurant offered a nice choice of food for breakfast, and the servings were plentiful. The food tasted very good, and the services was right on the mark.
The amenities at this hotel were excellent. They had a large excercising room, an outdoor eating area & a pool for the summer months.
The Sky room with a view of NYC is an excellent place to hold any type of reception. The entire reception from the begining to the end was handled in a prompt & professional manner. There again the food which was served was absolutely delicious.
This hotel is located in close proximity to New York City, and also to the Meadowlands in New Jersey. All in all we had an excellent experience at this particular Hilton.

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed March 2, 2008

I stayed at the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights a variety of times in December, 2007; January, 2008; and February, 2008 while doing business in the area. I found the hotel to be of consistently high quality; it is a solid bet for the area and was always reasonably priced. I never ran into any big problems and any small issues (e.g., one time my room didn't have shampoo) were quickly resolved by the staff members, who (if not effusive) were always polite and helpful.

The location of the hotel is convenient if you have business in Bergen County, VA. While there aren't any restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, there are a variety of restaurant options (though many chain) that are only a short 5-10 min. drive away. The hotel is reasonably close to Meadowlands, and the bus stop to NYC isn't too far away, either -- if you're looking for a cheaper way to enjoy NYC, you won't find anything close to this quality and this price anywhere in Manhattan.

The hotel has a pleasant, modern decor; it appears to have been recently renovated (although it has more of a new, rather than patchwork renovated, feel -- the quality of the interior far outperforms the dated-looking exterior) and all of the surfaces, carpets, furnishings, etc. are clean and comfortable. In several stays, on multiple floors and in many rooms, I never had any trouble with anything being dirty, broken, not up to standard, etc. The beds are very comfortable (standard Hilton serenity bedding) and the towels are great.

The hotel's fitness center is nice; it's roomy, clean, and has quality cardio equipment with televisions. It's light on weight equipment, but there's one versatile machine and a set of free weights.

Parking is very easy at this hotel, and it's free. There is a lot in the front and an even larger lot in the back.

I ordered room service on several occasions and it was consistently fast, hot, and tasty. The room service menu could be a little larger, and the prices (while not ridiculous) aren't cheap. The room service staff was always very polite.

In a perfect world, there's a few areas for improvement: the internet (costs about $10/day) is wireless and consistent, but tended to have slow connection speeds. The restaurant was easily overwhelmed when there were more than a handful of tables. The front desk staff was inconsistent in its recognition of my Hilton HHonors status and its attendant benefits. The executive floor lounge isn't much; the evening reception isn't really worth attending. There could be a few more TV channels and movie options.

Overall, this is a nice hotel (certainly the nicest in its immediate area) and a solid bet, particularly for business travelers. I would easily recommend it and will certainly stay there again on future business trips to the area.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank brmusicman
Reviewed March 1, 2008

I have stayed here twice on business, checking in both times too late to have dinner on property. You can't easily find decent restaurants nearby, but the friendly front desk offered a delivery menu. FYI, the food was pretty good although it took 45 minutes to arrive (at midnight, I just wanted food and sleep). The rooms are quite nice, recently updated. When I needed directions, the front desk went online and printed them for me. I am not a huge fan of the on-site restaurant, as they take too long to seat for breakfast, the service is slow although friendly, and the service at the bar is somewhat indifferent. So for all the things that aren't perfect, I do choose to continue staying at this place, as it is overall good quality, a known quantity and less expensive than many alternatives in the area. You could do far worse.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Booked a room for 4 people to stay there after the Patriots/Giants game. Showed up at 3pm to check in and there was a huge line. After waiting in line for an hour we were told to come back in a few hours because no more rooms were available for check in. I was told because I booked through Travelocity that my room was reserved.

After the game I came back to find another huge line with only 2 people working to check people in. After another hour of waiting in line I was told that even though I reserved a room with 2 beds, the only rooms that were available had a king. I asked if they had cots available and the woman said no. I told her I reserved a room for 4 people and she told me I did not. She was very rude and when I asked to speak to her manager she told me she was the manager.

I called Travelocity and they apologized and called the hotel. The manager said she was unable to do anything so Travelocity was forced to refund my money and I left. The hotel was very understaffed and the "Manager" that I dealt with was very rude. She did not once even apologize or suggest anything we could do. I have always had good luck with Hilton hotels and I can't believe that this was a Hilton.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank wanna_get_away_2day
Reviewed December 4, 2007

My friend and I were attending the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Jets game in November 2007. We selected this hotel because it was the same hotel the Steelers were staying in. Now onto the basics...I paid 170 (tax and everything) for 2 doubles with paid breakfasts (VERY VERY GOOD). They have a shuttle that will drive you to the bus stop that goes into New York City. The bus was like 3.00 and it takes about 30 minutes to get into the City. The bus only runs until 1. It wasnt that bad. We spent all day Saturday in the city. It didnt look like there was much to do in Hasbrock Heights. The bus took us through town. While you are in the city, there are two musts: Katz's Deli if you want a GREAT sandwich, and McSorley's Old Ale House if you want a beer.

The hotel looks a little older with new decor. The beds were great! We had a "City view" (off into the distance). Everything was clean. The manager was a bit full of himself. I called asking for an extra hour and he threatened to charge me 50.00 and when I did officially check out was much politer.

When I go back to NYC I will probably stay somewhere else, and if there was an event at the Meadowlands, I would probably look somewhere closer.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank rjkcpktrips
Reviewed December 3, 2007

You get into the city in about 15 minutes, the bed is comfy, the room is clean, what else do you want for hundreds less than the going rate in New York. You're in New Jersey, but you are only a few minutes from a wonderful restaurant, La Famiglia in Bogota, NJ. A great way to mix business with pleasure. For who in the world wants to help fuel the Europeans' shopping extravaganza in the city lately? Don't get parted from your money.

• Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed November 22, 2007

For years I avoided this place when overnighting at Teterboro. But since then the place has been remodeled and they did a very nice job, especially if you like a little European flavor.

Its very convenient to FBOs on the east side of the airport and the drivers report that it is one of their most popular destinations.

The neighborhood is ok but not much to entertain yourself with except for a good restaurant diagonally across the intersection. For longer than an overnight the crew will get bored without a car.

The exhibitionists among you will enjoy the fact that the windows have no sheer curtains--just the blackout curtain. So its all or nothing. (Another European touch?)

Rates are reasonable.

Bottom line: For yet another RON at Teterboro, this is a good option, but not for not for first-timers who want to see and do something.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank G4gene
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 3 in Saddle Brook
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands

Been to Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands? Share your experiences!