“A Tad Worn Out, Yet Trying.”

Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I do alot of Hilton and this is a big property about 10 miles from midtown Manhattan in a bustling suburb of NYC. The staf is very eager tgo please and professional. The in-house food is good. The proximity to many attractions and excellent restaurants is also good. This Hilton is not on top of the price categories, as many can be. Only real downside, in my opininion, is the rooms are older and therefore on the small side. Nothing special or fancy whatsoever about them. Sinple, neat, outfitted as a Hilton room would be. Just smaller than newer properties and as plain as can be.

Room Tip: I'm sure larger rooms and/or mini suites are available, but as a Honors diamond member, I've...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Davedyn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed September 6, 2012

While I absolutely love the Hilton brand of hotels, this one was a bit disappointing since the check-in (around 10 pm) took forever as the phone rung off the hook and there was only this one guy who was helping the guests with the check-in. The next morning, the girl at the check-out was very helpful and surely made us feel valued.

The rooms were quite neat but the bathrooms weren't cleaned properly as there was hair in the sink and the bath tubs.

Overall a decent hotel for the price, given its proximity to the airport/NYC but just with a little efforts by the hotel management, the guest stay experience can be so much better.

A microwave for public usage in a common areas would be very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Deepak S
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My family and I have been guests at the Hasbrouck Heights Hilton for many years, and our favorite place to visit is the restaurant. Elvin and his morning crew make oldtimers like us feel special. They make us feel like we are part of their family and for us that means alot. Along with a great breakfast menu and buffett, Elvin and the morning staff is what really makes the diffrence. We have stayed at many hotels and have eaten in many restaurants, but this is the only one where everyone recognizes you and appreciates that you are there.

Room Tip: If you can always choose a room where there is a view of NYC its less noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jhon L
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Jhon L:

I truly appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge your overall pleasant experience here at the hotel and in particular Elvin and the breakfast “crew”.

It is always a pleasure to receive such feedback and know that the service team here at the hotel impacted you in this way. I know it takes something extraordinary to compel a guest to put in writing their experience and I’m glad you did.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with the hotel team and personally recognize Elvin for the extra effort he demonstrates each and every day.

We look forward to seeing you again soon over a hot cup of coffee at breakfast.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Spent a week here while traveling and the hotel was pretty good. The staff are pleasant and the food and service in the lounge area is good. The room had two queen beds and was a bit small, but it's not the newest design of rooms, but ok for short stays. It is right near the airport and interstate, so travel in and out is super easy and its about 20mins to NYC.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Richardr285

Dear Richardr285:

Thank you for staying with us and providing such great feedback on your recent business trip to the area.

I was pleased to read that the BISTRO and Hotel's service team took good care of you and that you found the hotel's location convenient to New York City. We hear that a lot from our guests.

I do hope we have another opportunity to meet your travel needs when you are next back in the area.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We had to book this hotel quickly, as our daughter's Softball game was cancelled after much rain. We booked over the phone. Which was quick and easy. However, for the price we paid, there should be refrigerators, microwave, breakfast and free WiFi included. It was just ridiculous that they wanted $10 to $20 additional for everything that I just mentioned. Let alone charging a big bucks for breakfast. If this is a hotel for business travelers - they should be more accommodating and get in line with the other hotels. We stayed at a Comfort Inn down the highway and had everything I just mentioned included for a much cheaper price. I have stayed at other Hilton Hotels and have not been nickel and dimed for everyday things that should be included. This was by no means a stay in Disney World and I don't expect to pay out my nose.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Bluemoon417:

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to New York City and acknowledging the easy reservation process.

Providing additional amenities and services that meet the needs of varied guests is always a focus for us and I apologize that those items you required on this stay are not standard in our guest rooms. We do however carry an inventory of these appliances and they are available for a one-time nominal fee for the duration of your stay.

Along with these types of services we do offer extremely competitive guest room rates and packages in the market. We do offer room packages that include both high speed Internet and parking and many guests find this a more suitable and cost effective solution than purchasing separately. Room upgrades are also available, if you choose them that include refrigerators.

I do hope we have another opportunity to have you stay with us and I would personally attend to your next reservation if your travel plans have you coming back our way.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

so, I am a hilton diamond member. So, I have seen my share of hiltons, as well as many hyatts. In all my travels, I have come to conclude that there are 3 different kinds of business hotels, not based just on stars.
the first type of hotel are those that are placed in locations that are very desirable, but they are old hotels.

The second category of hotels are those that are new and very nice, but are not exactly in the top area. in other words, they can be a few miles off the beaten path, but are great bread and butter hotels perfect for business travel. Several of the hyatt place hotels are like this.

The third category of hotels broadly speaking are those hotels ( mentioned in category 1) that are in those desirable locations but have been refurbished.

the reason for this lengthy introduction is to make sense of what I will say next. this particular hilton, resides in category 3. the problem with category 3 hotels, is the chains want to make them better but they don't want to spend the money to do it right.
case in point: this hotel has nice rooms in terms of the bedding the showers and the bathroom. however, if you look closely the carpet is a bit ratty the air conditioner is noisy the door frames and the doors are still gross. circa 1980.
the most glaring example of this were the elevators. They were disgusting. stains on the walls stains on the floor lights don't work in the buttons. now, if you could say "hey I don't sleep in the elevator". And you would be correct. the problem is, it makes a seasoned traveler lose confidence in the rest of the hotel. if the elevator is that dirty, what is the kitchen like? this is maintenance 101.
another not very significant problem but nonetheless reinforces the elevator issue, is the bathroom floor. I dropped a tube of toothpaste on the floor,. when I bend down to pick it up, I made the mistake of looking under the counter. ugh. dirty and gross.
it's as though hilton wanted to refurbish this just enough to get you to stay there. but upon further inspection, there are several details that are just plain missing.
the staff were excellent. And the food in the restaurant was pretty good. I would stay there again, with a little bit of hesitation. so, you get a good location not too far from newark. But it's not that great. if there were a hyatt place in the vicinity, I would definitely stay there. when the hyatt refurbish is a hotel, they do it right from the door frames to the elevator to the carpet. ....

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank jennerm
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear jenerm:

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with the thoughtful feedback you did about your recent stay with us.

Your positive acknowledgements of the staff, food & beverage services and hotel’s location are welcomed.

I do apologize for the condition of the guest elevator you rode in. I have shared your comments with the appropriate contacts within the hotel and those condition items will be addressed. Over the past 3 months the hotel’s main service elevator was undergoing refurbishment and modernization and during that time the service staff along with their equipment had to share the guest elevator. Not an ideal situation and unfortunately unavoidable. I am sorry this was not communicated at check-in as it should have been. Good news is that the service elevator project has been completed and the guest elevators are now being used and maintained as they should be.

The hotel is focused on continual renovations. After the recent installation of the 37” LCD TV’s we added in-room safes, brand new buffet facilities in the restaurant, pool and patio furniture, pool decking along with modifications to the hotel’s main entrance. Future plans will include guest room items you mentioned.

You mention you would stay with us again if given the opportunity. Please contact me if I can assist with a future reservation.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Spent one night at the Hilton to attend a local wedding. For the price, it was a good deal. The front desk and dining room staff were quite nice. Overall, I would say this is a nice place to stay for business or overnight.

Room Tip: Ask for the NY City skyline view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cebakes
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear cebakes:

I’m happy to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one.

You discovered the New York City view, a popular request from our regular guests.

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about the service team. They do enjoy reading guest feedback such as you have provided.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 3 in Saddle Brook
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands

Been to Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands? Share your experiences!