“A good value, business-class hotel”

Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Sonoma, California
“A good value, business-class hotel”
Reviewed March 1, 2008

I have stayed here twice on business, checking in both times too late to have dinner on property. You can't easily find decent restaurants nearby, but the friendly front desk offered a delivery menu. FYI, the food was pretty good although it took 45 minutes to arrive (at midnight, I just wanted food and sleep). The rooms are quite nice, recently updated. When I needed directions, the front desk went online and printed them for me. I am not a huge fan of the on-site restaurant, as they take too long to seat for breakfast, the service is slow although friendly, and the service at the bar is somewhat indifferent. So for all the things that aren't perfect, I do choose to continue staying at this place, as it is overall good quality, a known quantity and less expensive than many alternatives in the area. You could do far worse.

• Liked — Nicely remodeled and close to my business meeting
  • Disliked — restaurant
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Massachusetts
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Booked a room for 4 people to stay there after the Patriots/Giants game. Showed up at 3pm to check in and there was a huge line. After waiting in line for an hour we were told to come back in a few hours because no more rooms were available for check in. I was told because I booked through Travelocity that my room was reserved.

After the game I came back to find another huge line with only 2 people working to check people in. After another hour of waiting in line I was told that even though I reserved a room with 2 beds, the only rooms that were available had a king. I asked if they had cots available and the woman said no. I told her I reserved a room for 4 people and she told me I did not. She was very rude and when I asked to speak to her manager she told me she was the manager.

I called Travelocity and they apologized and called the hotel. The manager said she was unable to do anything so Travelocity was forced to refund my money and I left. The hotel was very understaffed and the "Manager" that I dealt with was very rude. She did not once even apologize or suggest anything we could do. I have always had good luck with Hilton hotels and I can't believe that this was a Hilton.

• Liked — Proximity to Giants Stadium.
  • Disliked — Staff and Management.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank wanna_get_away_2day

Travelers are raving about these Hasbrouck Heights hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 4, 2007

My friend and I were attending the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Jets game in November 2007. We selected this hotel because it was the same hotel the Steelers were staying in. Now onto the basics...I paid 170 (tax and everything) for 2 doubles with paid breakfasts (VERY VERY GOOD). They have a shuttle that will drive you to the bus stop that goes into New York City. The bus was like 3.00 and it takes about 30 minutes to get into the City. The bus only runs until 1. It wasnt that bad. We spent all day Saturday in the city. It didnt look like there was much to do in Hasbrock Heights. The bus took us through town. While you are in the city, there are two musts: Katz's Deli if you want a GREAT sandwich, and McSorley's Old Ale House if you want a beer.

The hotel looks a little older with new decor. The beds were great! We had a "City view" (off into the distance). Everything was clean. The manager was a bit full of himself. I called asking for an extra hour and he threatened to charge me 50.00 and when I did officially check out was much politer.

When I go back to NYC I will probably stay somewhere else, and if there was an event at the Meadowlands, I would probably look somewhere closer.

• Liked — Breakfast, Beds, Shuttle to the bus
  • Disliked — Manager, 30 minute bus ride to NYC
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank rjkcpktrips
Washington DC
Reviewed December 3, 2007

You get into the city in about 15 minutes, the bed is comfy, the room is clean, what else do you want for hundreds less than the going rate in New York. You're in New Jersey, but you are only a few minutes from a wonderful restaurant, La Famiglia in Bogota, NJ. A great way to mix business with pleasure. For who in the world wants to help fuel the Europeans' shopping extravaganza in the city lately? Don't get parted from your money.

• Stayed December 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 22, 2007

For years I avoided this place when overnighting at Teterboro. But since then the place has been remodeled and they did a very nice job, especially if you like a little European flavor.

Its very convenient to FBOs on the east side of the airport and the drivers report that it is one of their most popular destinations.

The neighborhood is ok but not much to entertain yourself with except for a good restaurant diagonally across the intersection. For longer than an overnight the crew will get bored without a car.

The exhibitionists among you will enjoy the fact that the windows have no sheer curtains--just the blackout curtain. So its all or nothing. (Another European touch?)

Rates are reasonable.

Bottom line: For yet another RON at Teterboro, this is a good option, but not for not for first-timers who want to see and do something.

• Liked — Location to TEB airport, nicely remodeled. Clean.
  • Disliked — Took two tries to get a made-up room at checkin.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank G4gene
Middlefield, Connecticut
Reviewed August 27, 2007

We recently stayed 2 nights at the Hilton Hasbrouck to visit family who live in Rutherford, NJ. The hotel's location was ideal for our purpose. The room was a usual room with the usual furnishings -- nothing exquisite, but clean. The bathroom was very nice, and I did like the Evelyn & Crabtree toiletries. The mattress and pillows were all very comfortable. Our only initial disappointment was that we were traveling with an infant, so I requested a small fridge upon arrival. I was told it would arrive in a few minutes. We decided not to wait but even when we came back a few hours later it wasn't there. We finally got our fridge after a few calls. A bit frustrating, but not really a huge deal.

I only gave this hotel an average rating, because we didn't use it really for any other purpose than sleep. We didn't use any of the facilities or eat at the restaurant (although we thought about eating breakfast there until we saw the menu prices.) But in all, it was a very decent experience and I would definately consider staying here again.

• Liked — Location (for our purposes)
  • Disliked — Just a basic Hilton hotel...
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank colbs714
Portland, ME
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I stayed at the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights because I was going to a concert at the Meadowlands. If you're going to an event there, the location of this hotel can't be beat. Although my stay was short and I didn't have many reasons to interact with hotel personnel, the staff was friendly and efficient at check-in and very helpful in providing directions to and from the concert. My room was spotless and very comfortable. The bed was divine. Overall, my experience at this hotel was outstanding.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 3 in Saddle Brook

Been to Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands? Share your experiences!