“I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone.”

Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I do not understand how this hotel is seen as an "outstanding" hotel. This hotel was a disaster to stay at. So much went wrong, a window was being replaced from 8am-11am on the first day of our stay. The workers were loud and inconsiderate, and it was a tiresome annoyance as we were trying to get well needed rest after a long previous day of travel. Sound also travels well here as the next night we were up all night from people running down the hallway screaming, acting like animals. The next day my fiance got stuck inside the elevator, it was extremely scary, and VERY upsetting for both of us. When the hotel staff got him out - they claimed the elevator was "slow". Funny how a "slow" elevator then had an "out of service" sign posted on it for the next two days, with maintenance workers swarmed around it. We were upset that nothing was done to apologize or accommodate us for what happened in the elevator. Telling us it was just "slow" only made us feel stupid when we knew what had happened. We were given a handicapped room, which I'm sure is because we used a third party site to book. Although the hotel rooms were very clean , *some* of the staff were very friendly and the free parking was nice -the cons DEFINITELY outweighed the pros, I would never stay here again, very inconvenient of a place. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Brynnycole,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the over all issues you had during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed in a king suite last weekend as we were seeing our favorite comic at the Bananas Comedy Club. We live about 3 hours away so we thought it was a good idea to make a short overnighter. We were so pleased to have such a nice comfortable room and lovely bathroom. Plenty of very nice towels and extra blanket and pillows in the closet were a nice touch. The assistant manager was very nice and gave us the reduced rate package deal since we were attending the attached Bananas Comedy Club. I will definitely return again when our favorite comedian Bobby Collins pays the club again and bring some of our family along too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NandJfun
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel and staff. I'm glad you took advantage of our Bananas Comedy Club Room Package discount. Bobby Colins is a big favorite for many of our guests and I'm glad you enjoy his show. Please feel free to call us to book you room on your next visit to town. Best wishes.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

One of the better hotels in the area. It's a little outside of NYC but it's convenient for my work sites and close to the Sports Complex. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. I think they have a pretty decent breakfast and their dinners are also pretty good. I almost always stay here for business and look forward to going back.

1  Thank RodneyG

It's always nice to receive a kind review about our hotel and staff serivces. Thank you. I will share your comments with our staff. Upon your return if we can be of further assistance to you please do not hesitate to ask. Best wishes and safe travels.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I came here as a large group, so we got a good discount on our rooms. Rooms were decent- nothing special, but in good shape, clean and comfortable. There was a mini fridge and microwave, which was nice.
It was on a major road and not within walking distance of any stores or restaurants other than McDonald's. This isn't an issue if you have a car, but we came in a bus so we were kind of stuck there unless we got a taxi. There was a bus stop nearby where you could take a bus into the city.
Speaking of NYC, it wasn't very terribly close. I think maybe about a half hour to get there? And of course, that can be a lot longer if traffic is bad. But in that area, you have to balance convenience against price.
If I came on my own, I would look into lodging elsewhere, just to find a location I liked better. But it wasn't a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HeroicPotato
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appeciate hearing your feed back. We are located on the highway Route 17. As you mentioned McDonalds is next door. I'm not assure if you were aware that we have 2 shuttle vans that you may request to take you to restaurants and the local shopping mall all within minutes from the hotel. We do our best to honor all request as the shuttle service is available to locations within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Maybe this will be of some help if you choose to stay with us in the future. Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me: cpaduch@hihasrooms.com. Best wishes and thank you for staying.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our stay is now 2 years ago and my review now quite late.
The hotel is standard for this category. Rooms are ok, clean and good equipped - nothing special. The pool is nice and other facilities are ok. Service is very good, the staff is very helpful and they are offering a free transfer to the local bus stopp and malls.
However if you want to visit NYC, you have to travel around 1 hour by the bus each way. But therefore you save some money compared to the very expensive hotels in Manhatten.
If you are flying in NY to JFK, you have a long journey to the hotel, Newark is very nearby.
Generally you can consider staying there for saving some money and being aware of the travel to the city.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrice_T_GER
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Patrica_T_Ger,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn. I'm glad to read that you were satisfied with your stay and the service you received from our staff. I'm sorry you experienced such a long delay with the local bus to New York City. It normally take 30 - 45 minutes to Manhattan depending on local traffic and the weather. If you are back in the area again we would welcome the opportunity to service on your next visit to town. Best wishes.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My experience at this hotel started wonderfully as I was greeted very warmly by both the gentleman and lady working the front desk. I was even extended a handshake to welcome me as a platinum frequent traveler. The room is much better than I expected for the great value price they offered as they are located very close to New York City. The room had a safe, refrigerator and a microwave. The desk had a nice coffee maker and the flat screen TV can be viewed while sitting and working at the desk. This is important to me as I was travelling on business and was working several hours in the room. The bed was perfect for me as I enjoy a firm mattress. I’ll even compliment the pillows. I stay frequently at Holiday Inns and they label pillows as firm or soft and let the guest decide which to use. Most Holiday Inns have these either labeled incorrectly or just do not have what I prefer, a soft pillow. This property had it correct in my room. I also liked the fact that the property General Manager responded personally to many of the reviews on Trip Advisor. This type of concern shows this property really cares about guest satisfaction. I’m sure they have many repeat guests and I will be another if I need a room again in this area. Here are the reasons I did not offer 5 stars on this visit. The heating unit in my room was not controlled automatically by thermostat. When you turn it on the unit stays on the entire night. Although I wanted heat in the room, by the middle of the night it was too warm so I had to get out of bed to shut it off. On my visit the elevators in the front of the hotel were out of service but the ones in the back of the hotel were working. I decided to walk to those elevators instead of driving to the back of the building. The primary reason was I had two pieces of luggage and I did not want the hassle of pulling out the room key to get back into the building. In this hotel you actually have to use your room key to walk down the hallway to get to the rooms. This caused me to put down the two bags, get out the key and then unlock the added security door before walking down the hallway. I’ve never seen that extra security level in other Holiday Inns. Of course many would think this extra layer of security is a benefit but I looked at it as a slight inconvenience. In my room they provided a small bottle of shampoo but did not provide the small bottle of conditioner that typically is also provided. I believe the product is from Bath & Body Works so the quality is good. Another minor issue was the television channel guide that was in the room did not match up with the actual channels on the television. When I checked in the TV in the lobby had the LA Cop Manhunt showing on CNN. When I got to the room I turned on the TV and put on the channel the in room guide said was CNN but it was not. None of the channels matched what the in room guide was showing. One suggestion I would make to the GM is related to the coffee in the room. I love the coffee and the machine. I was provided with 6 packs of coffee but only 3 creamers. And the creamer was the dry non dairy creamer. I would suggest you provide liquid creamer that could be left in the in room refrigerator and then have numerous packs of sugar, equal and sweet and low and some stirrers in another area near the coffee machine. The bottom line is this is a better than average Holiday Inn and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear atomptom,
Thank you for your kinds words about our staff service and our hotel. We appreciate the feed back which is shared with the staff. Our goal is your satisfaction. I'm sorry to hear of the issue with your heater thermostat you can be assured it will be fixed. We are in the process of doing some upgrades at the hotel. The elevator is being remodernized and expected to be up next week and while you where here we were in the process of upgrading our TV system to a new Lodgenet TV system which gives us additional TV stations and more HD channels. The channel line ups are now complete. As we continue to upgrade you will see additional changes upon your return. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to contact me at cpaduch@hihasrooms to discuss your visit in more detail or call 201-288-9600. Thank you and best wishes.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

It has been several years since I stayed at a full service Holiday Inn. I wasn't disappointed by this stay at all. The service at the front desk was awesome and the people were very friendly. I thought my hotel room was going to be old and antiquated. My room was in excellent shape and the bathroom was clean.

No real big complainst about my stay. It was just a tad pricey but not out of hand. I would still recommend staying here

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

I'd like to welcome you back to Holiday Inn. We are so glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and our hotel. I will share your comments with them at our next staff meeting. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meado...
#3 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#1 of 2 in Ridgefield Park

Been to Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights? Share your experiences!