“Good value & good service”

Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights
Reviewed July 24, 2012

A little way out from Manhattan but with the cheap bus & free shuttle to the stop ..not a major problem . Especially when we arrived back at the stop late but the shuttle driver ,after his shift was over ,still came out to pick us up !
Rooms were clean & everything was as expected

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert H
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights. I'm happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and to the area. We welcome the opportunity to serve you in the near future.
Again, Thank you.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Wow in a word. I have never been treated so poorly before or have dealt with such shady characters either. No one listens to your or gives a treat you. You are not their guest, they are not there to make your stay pleasant, no, they are there to yell at you, sexually harass you, and call the cops on you when you lodge a complaint. I have already left calls for their District Manager but let's just say I am a very well traveled and intelligent consumer who understands how business should work and this is not how it works. This was the worst hotel and customer service hotel experience everywhere and I have even stayed in a spotty hostel in London and hotel houses in Hong Kong....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JennBall
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Sometimes it is necessary for management to take action with a guest. Especially, when there is unruly behavior and false accusation which affects the safety, security and wellbeing of our staff and the enjoyment of our other hotel guests. We take very seriously our responsibility to all guests. You can trust that we will do what is necessary to maintain our guests experience, comfort and reputation of the hotel.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Although they did forget to pick us up once, this was the only mistake they made. The pool and room were very clean. Safety deposit box came as standard, which was a good touch. The room were very spacious and the beds very comfortable. Only 2 bucks each way to travel to Manhattan, the hotel offers a mini bus to the bus stop, but realistically you could walk there its only 20 mins away. Would recommend to anyone who is on a tight budget, or wants to save the expense of a manhattan hotel to free up more spending money.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank jimihendrixjunior
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. I'm very sorry that we missed your pick up. I will share your comments with our staff so we may continue to grow and improve our services. Best wishes and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

My experience at the holiday inn was exceptional and I will definitely be back.
I was in town on business and after less than stellar experiences with other to be unnamed hotels, I switched to the holiday inn and I couldn't have been happier. The hotel has all the standard amenities that one would come to expect and they delivered on all fronts.

Pros:
The hotel was very clean and looks recently updated.
The room was spacious and modern; I had a non-smoking king on the 4th floor.
The food at the hotel restaurant was excellent and room service was very timely and everything came hot (and I ordered all four days and the service was always consistent).
The hotel shuttle went within 5 miles of the hotel and was always prompt in dropping me off and picking me up in the time I requested. The drivers were pleasant and social.
The hotel and restaurant staff was friendly and provided excellent service.
There were times I felt like they were bending over backwards for me as if I were their own patron.
My room came with a microwave, fridge and safe (all great to have when staying for an extended period).

All the things I mentioned about above earn it four stars but I should point out a few cons that may factor into your decision.
Cons:
The bathroom offered little counter space; I'm kind of a diva and I found I didn't have enough space for all my toiletries.
The heater/AC was not temperature controlled;
It is near a highway so unless you are used to city noise like me, you may have trouble sleeping.
The hotel wifi was less than stellar; my browser security kept giving me security warnings that it my data was unsecure; not a big deal as I had a 3g card I brought but I would be careful if using their wifi.

Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay. I will definitely be staying here again for my next business trip.
I would recommend this hotel for any type of traveler.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

I'd like to thank you for your comments about our hotel. We work hard to give all our guests a positive experience and a pleasant stay. I'm glad to hear that you will be coming back to our property. As stated in your comments we have a few rooms with smaller bathroom vanities, but we also have bathroom vanities that are much larger, so please feel free to request them upon check in or email me direct and I'd be happy to reserve it for you. My email is charliepaduch@yahoo.com. Thank you again and best wishes.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stay in hotels over 200 nights a year and many Holiday Inns over the country. This hotel is very nice and well taken care of. My room was clean and didn't smell like smoke. (Suprisingly since the hallway wreaked of smoke smell.) I liked everything in this hotel including the food in the bar except for the raw smell of smoke in the hallways. Also, People were smoking right out side the front door, so if you are a non-smoker like myself, then you will have to suffocate through the stench to get in. I saw non-smoking signs engraved on every room door and my room did NOT smell at all like smoke. I liked every thing about my room room including the size. Someone stated about the age of the hotel being 30-35 years old, but it is refurbed excellent!
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Top notch staff!
This hotel is only a few walking blocks from the NewJersey transit bus stop that goes into the city which takes about 35 min ride. Depending on traffic you will be 20 to 45 min ride into the city. If heavy traffic, 1hr+
There are restaurants close by, walking distance. The hotel bar food is good but limited menu.
Without the smoke issue, I could give this hotel a super score. The smoke is that bad.

Room Tip: Ask for the allergy free room. I did and I could not smell smoke at all and I am very critical about...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and our staff. We work hard to offer you the best guest experience. Thank you and we hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

We book this hotel at a very last minute trip to NYC. All the hotels in manhattan were booked so we stayed here instead. It was only a 15 minute easy drive to manhattan from the hotel. the price was very good for it being new years eve weekend. The hotel was clean and I was impressed with the great taste of the food from the hotels restaurant for dinner. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Emzam

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to town.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Just back after a three night stay. Hotel was recommended by a colleague as a solid, clean, affordable and friendly option for a family jaunt to NYC. It scored great on each count. Rooms were clean and a large enough for a family of five (three kids under 12). Very quiet considering its proximity to Highway 17. Staff was fantastic! Very friendly, very helpful and always cheerful. Shuttle drivers were extraordinary lugging us back and forth to the bus or to the mall. No problem for them to make a pit stop on the way to either place. I would recommend the location to friends in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom R

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel and staff. I will be sure to share them with our staff. It's our pleasure to serve you. We welcome the opportunity to serve you on you next visit to town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meado...
#3 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
3 mi away
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#1 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park

Been to Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights? Share your experiences!