“Intimate meeting”

Plantation Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Plantation Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 72 East
Description: Plantation Restaurant features an adventuresome menu using nature's finest ingredients with an island influence. Presenting the essence of contemporary American cooking, Chef Jeff Alberti has created a succulent array of dishes that will make dining at Plantation a most memorable experience. Tastefully decorated in a South Seas ambience. Plantation also features a full service bar & private rooms for any occasion.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had an intimate meeting that went well at 6pm, the restaurant was still quiet. We sampled a few red wines by the glass and ordered several appetizers- there were not many to choose from. The service was very good, while we took our time to order, the staff checked back on us often. . 2 of the 4 of the appetizers were ok nothing great. The Brie and arrugala was very good, the bacon wrapped scallops were a bit dry and tastless. All in all it was an OK experience since I have not been there in several years and I was there only for apps. For the price I would have expected better. The sister restaurant Daddy'Os has been going downhill as well. The apps are fewer and just average but pricey.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The meal was fair, but the service was somewhat disappointing. We have eaten here a number of times and unfortunately I must admit I only go here because there are only 2 restaurants open
year round on the north of Long Beach Island.

1  Thank Angelo R
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have gone to this restaurant since before it was the Plantation. I am guessing 15 or more years. In the first couple of years the food was great, albeit pricey. It was one of few places to stay open all year in this shore community. After a couple years they realized they needed to do something to attract the locals in the off season. They offered a "loyalty" card. You received points based on your bill excluding liquor and when you hit $300.00 they generated a $25.00 gift check to use in the restaurant. All good. Then they told us we would have to ask for the $25.00 at the time of visit, ok, did that. Now just this week when using our card we were told that they no longer honored it and even though we are sure there is at least $25.00 due us the answer was "we no longer have the software for the program". When we couple this with the food continually going downhill we will not be visiting them again. There must have been some big change in management because their sister on the island, Daddy'Os has gone the same way. Two decent places now not only a rip off on the loyalty program but also on the quality of food. Too bad. And the kicker is we used the card in September.

1  Thank Merrywonder
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Beautiful building and decor but overall we were disappointed. The bar looks like a fun place to drink..very lively..but the food was very average and not cheap. Also, the food was lukewarm. We were also seated next to a very loud table that made the dining experience unpleasant.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just visited The Plantation this past Labor Day weekend. I was surprised that we got a reservation given a prior review from Labor Day last year. We went early so it wasn't too crowded and the service was pretty quick. Unfortunately this was our second time and the meal was very lackluster. My husband and I both had salads to start and my daughter had mussels. My salad was limp and bland. My husband's Caesar looked like it was a side salad at a diner. My daughter ordered an iceberg wedge salad as her main course. The server asked if she’d like to add a protein and she choose scallops. My husband and I both had the filet. The filets were served with parmesan fries and string beans. The fries were soggy & greasy and my filet was a bit tough. The scallops that were added to my daughter’s salad were too fishy to eat. Really?? This is Long Beach Island and they are known for their scallops, what happened? Not one of us had a cocktail and the bill came to over a hundred dollars! Unfortunately, the second time was not a charm (no third time will be had here). There are plenty of other places to eat on the island for better quality and price.

2  Thank RidleyNY