“An enjoyable Saturday dinner”
Review of Spanish Pavillion

Spanish Pavillion
Order Online
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Harrison
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Passaic Avenue
Transit: Spanish Pavillion is located 5 blocks from the PATH Train, at the Harrison Station, and 3 blocks from the NJTranist, on Broad Street.
Description: Walking distance from the Hampton Inn. On-site catering in Private room that holds up to 80 people. A tapas menu with over 20 tapas $5.95 Or under Full Bar On-site Parking Concession Style Patio
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Wife and I ate Saturday 6/28 early dinner and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Wife started w fresh salad w house dressing and I had tapas(Serrano ham and manchego). The jamon was as good as Murray's of Bleecker St. and we washed it down w pitcher of white sangria(mostly OJ w very little fresh fruit and not potent enough)
Wife had sole stuffed w crab and I had veal scallopini Spanish style--both very tasty. They give you two larger sole filets w plenty of crab on bed of the short grain calaspara rice under lemon white wine sauce. My veal incl 4 melt-in-your-mouth tender cutlets on calaspara under delicious mushroom gravy.
For desert, wife only had room for cappuccino but I tried authentic Spanish desert of ricotta/toasted almond ice cream covered w Spanish honey. I hesitated ordering this(never had Spanish honey and thought it would be too sweet) but Paula the hostess encouraged me and good thing--excellent!! Don't miss it. Spanish honey is intensely flavored but not at all too sweet.
I had double espresso that was dark and strong w no bitterness and they give you abt a pint of it.
The Spanish Pav is not the typical Newark Spanish food factory. It is more a convivial neighborhood place where everyone is friendly and ready to engage in conversation(maybe World Cup had something to do w this). The food is outstanding(they do need to improve fried potatoes and white sangria) and all freshly prep'd. There's a nice patio w/4 TV's. The service is attentive w/out being aggressive...and then there's Paula who's smile lights up the room and who's personality will put a smile on your face!! We'll be back soon!

Date of visit: June 2014
1  Thank Bergeneddi
Write a reviewReviews (124)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Four of us decided to have lunch in late November. Since we live in different parts of New Jersey we agreed to meet midway between us, so we had lunch at The Spanish Pavilion on Harrison Avenue in Harrison (near Newark). We arrived around 12:30 for lunch at 1:00 PM and since the restaurant was not that crowded, were seated immediately. The waiter was friendly and helpful. There were some 15 good selections on their luncheon menu and I decided to have their Tomato & Rice Soup and Chicken Marsala which was very good.

The staff did not rush us and we enjoyed our lunch. There’s also a parking lot adjacent to the restaurant so you don’t have to search for parking. I have no idea how this place would be for dinner, but I would definitely return for lunch.

Date of visit: November 2013
1  Thank SandF2012
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner while staying at the nearby Hampton Inn. Restaurant has a bar as well as a good size dining room (also saw outdoor dining space). The food was simply amazing. I had the calamari with sweet peppers as an appetizer. The calamari were extremely large. Then I ordered the Paella Valenciana. It was enough food for 2-3 people with an amazing amount of seafood. Simply delicious. My waiter was extremely friendly and efficient. Definitely will come back the next time I'm in the area.

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great food. Awesome service. Awesome service. Very friendly atmosphere. Carlos the bartender is very friendly. Jerry and micheal the owners are very friendly.

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is my go to place for Spanish food. I grew up around the corner from the Spanish pavilion and it has been a great place for a nice lunch, fancy but casual dinner, or a celebration of a special occasion. We have had family birthdays, graduations, anniversaries and even office parties. The stAff is always very friendly and knowledgable. It has three or four dishes that I order almost every time I go there but it will have unique specials from time to time that are really great. The outdoor seating is only a few years old and is a great place to watch the newark bears fireworks on a Friday night or a great way to kick off a red bulls game.

Date of visit: June 2013

Been to Spanish Pavillion? Share your experiences!