“Great food, but...”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Hibachi Grill and Sushi Buffet
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Love the food at Jumbo. Always hot and fresh. However, one time when we were finishing up our dessert, a roach walked across our table! But, in Jumbo's defense, the roach was very slow so I suspect that they had had an exterminator in recently. Healthy roaches don't move that slow! Lol! Haven't been back in a long while.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I"ve learned that the Best TIme to go the Jumbo Buffet is when they're busy. That's because the food then won't be sitting out so much and then they have fresher food and offer more variety. I don't go for lobster but many times when they have them..people seem to love them. I always get good food when I go because I only go when they are busy. I've found it to be less desirable when there are less than 15 people in the place.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Filthy, smelled terrible and the food was below dog food quality. Do not go there. It was not worth $30 for two people. Not even worth $1.00.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank Linda R
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I saw the negative review and trust me it couldn't be further from the truth. I eat in the restaurant at least twice a week and the food selection is large and the food quality is fantastic.

I have gotten to know the owners and a better group of people you will never find. Wendy tells all who enter if you need anything we will make it. The restaurant is always clean and the workers are friendly.

I have to say that you will be hard pressed to find a better value for your money! They are open late, and the food is always fresh and delicious!

1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Horrible low quality food, and poorly stocked to boot. When we went there (March 14th, 2010, around 4 pm) there was hardly any food out on the buffet. What was there was dried out, bottom of the barrel leftovers.

New food was being brought out from the kitchen at an incredibly slow rate, and quickly devoured by what customers there were because they were not keeping up with the demand for food.

Furthermore, the quality of the food itself was atrocious - the roast beef was blood red in the middle and fatty/stringy/dried out on the ends , several meat dishes were burned or undercooked, quite a few things had an 'off' taste or smell.

When we complained to the management, the man in charge was belligerent, arrogant, and refused to acknowledge there was a problem with either the food quality or quanitity. He offered no apology, discount, or explaination. When pressed, he tried to pawn off a coupon from their takeout menu as a 'discount for next time'.

Both my husband and I are now suffering from intestinal cramps and diahrreah as a result of this 'dining experience'. Basically, we paid thirty dollars to get sick.

NEVER EAT HERE. And tell everyone you can not to eat here, because this place is consistently bad. Several friends and relatives have reported to us that this is not an isolated experience, and we are certainly never going back there ourselves.

3  Thank Angelauric