“Good wine, nice time, a little too informal ”
Review of Plagido's Winery

Plagido's Winery
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Hammonton
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a small, boutique winery in Hammonton, NJ. We offer wine tastings everyday! Our business hours are 11 am-5 pm.
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Visiting this winery was a spontaneous decision. Saw it on living social, bought it, and booked a tasting for 2 hours later. Plagido's was easy to find, but parking was a little tight.

The tasting was supposed to be paired with cheese and chocolate. Upon arrival, we were given a wine list and served a plate with some crackers, cheese, and a piece of chocolate. We were told to pick the wines we'd like to try and let him know if we had any questions. I've been to quite a few wineries and tastings, and this was the first that gave us that much freedom to pick which wines we'd like to taste and how many. This was great!

We tried several wines, and even tried a few twice. They really were unique and flavorful. We purchased a glass and sat on the back patio for awhile, which overlooked the vineyard. Even though it was raining, it was beautiful. Before leaving we purchased a few bottles to bring back with us.

The only downside of the winery, for me, was how informal it was. The food was not paired, rather just given to us to eat whenever we felt like it. Also, there was no real instruction or explanation of the wines. A brief 5 word summary was all that was said for most. This was my friend's first wine tasting, so she didn't know what to expect or what to look for while tasting. A little more direction would have been helpful. Although we were told to ask questions, we felt badly taking up too much time since there were four other groups there at the same time, and only one man doing the tasting.

While I don't think I'll go back for a tasting, I would definitely buy their wine again.

1  Thank UnlimitedExploration

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I had purchased wine from them at wine festivals before so I made a point of visiting the winery. We had the most gracious host to pour our tastings who was so knowledgeable about wine and specifically theirs. They use only their own grapes. We now have 3 favorite wines and 1 favorite winery!

1  Thank MzWiz
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I love this winery! I always have the best time there and the staff is amazing! My favorite wine is the Cabernet Franc, there is no other like it anywhere! I have popped in there several time for the wine trails and I wind up staying hours since the winemaker is a sweetheart!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Plagido's attracted us to a tasting mainly due to their featured wines. New building but limited parking. The interior was simple but roomy and bright. Friendly and conversant staff. Much to our surprise the winemaker was also there and took the time to engage with us personally. It greatly enhanced our experience at Plagido's to hear their "story" firsthand. It's clear that they have a passion for quality wine. We usually prefer whites, but their fruit wine was especially notable. Apple, Cranberry and Blackberry were exquisite. For the first time we felt it had the right acidic balance and left us wanting more. Definitely recommend to all!

3  Thank Carmen419
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Plagido's for their wine trail weekend event for Valentine's Day. The winery was very welcoming and staff was very friendly. In the larger back room they had nice tables set up for guests and a long tasting table with staff and all of the winery's available wines. For the event, you were able to taste as many of the wines as desired and the staff member doing our tasting was very knowledgeable. We very much enjoyed the reds at this winery. For the event, the winery provided delicious dips, crackers, cheese and pepperoni as well as wonderful sweets such as chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate dipped pretzels, cream puffs and more. It was a great event which we really enjoyed and we left with a great bottle of wine!

1  Thank ResortMeg