“Great Wine, Great Festival, New Jersey is Proud”
Review of Sharrott Winery

Sharrott Winery
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Hammonton
Medford, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Wine, Great Festival, New Jersey is Proud”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

As I sit on the large lawn at the Harvest Festival; the band plays an excellent rendition of "Miss You" (Rolling Stones). The vineyards are in the distance beyond the band. My wife and her girlfriend enjoy a bottle of Vignoles while I make as much progress on a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. Women feel at home as they dance in front of the band. Like us, people picnic. We brought a basket, but share a shredded brisket sandwich from the BBQ vendor. There's also a Seafood vendor. The light breeze is comfortable against my face, arms and legs. Solar panels are to the right. Cigar smokers are far away. The world feels right!

Earlier we tasted the wines. The Pinot Grigio and Unoaked Chardonnay are light and crisp. The Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Trio and Cabernet Sauvignon are bold reds. Our friend tried the the Criminoles, which is equal parts Crimson Sky and Vignoles. Playing off the word "criminals" -- which sounds similar to Criminoles -- the servers ring bells which are reminiscent of a Keystone Cops alarm. Everyone laughs and our friend smiles at being the center of attention.

This is a typical experience at the Sharrott Festival. Larrys’ Senior and Junior run a good spirited team of family, employees and volunteers. They’ve studied wine in New Jersey and California; and have put together a business of which New Jersey is proud. They’ve figured out the right techniques and processes to grow award winning wine in the Jersey Pine Barrens. The patio overlooks the lush vineyard. The tasting room is beautiful. Tours are free and given when they are not busy. Whether for a festival, or a weekend Friday or Saturday night; they have the best live music in South Jersey. The wine is outstanding!

Visited August 2012

Pine Hill, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Do not go here if you smoke cigars!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I went here for a special on groupon! Did the wine tasting which included a bottle! I took it outside and asked for a cup for my ashes! They wanted me to stand like 50 ft back from deck next to a cigarette receptacle! I couldn't even use a table in the back! Oh and there was 2 couples there only! I left with my bottle and went to Almathea cellars who had no problem with my cigars!!

1 Thank joefnj
Pine Hill, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“ok winery to pop in and get a bottle but...”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Went there with a wine tasting through groupon. Enjoyed the unoaked chardonnay, vidal blanc and the sangria. Their reds are ok . Just a note if you want to hang out and enjoy a bottle on their outside deck they are not friendly to cigar smokers. We even asked to sit at the last table far away from anyone and the tent and they said NO. So for all you guys who like a cigar and wine, skip this place. Many other wineries allow it at their outside sections.

Visited August 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

What a wonderful find! Tucked away in rural NJ it is worth the trip. Larry Sharrott and his team have produced some of the most delicious wine in the country. Go for a wine tasting. You'll be hooked.

New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Best Winery in South Jersey”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We have visited this winery several times. As residents of South Jersey, we have many local wineries to choose from, but this is a favorite. The winery has many outdoor festivals which are fun for couples, friends, or even families. I love listening to live music and having a glass of wine, and the festivals offer this. They also sometimes have live acoustic music on a Friday night, where you can sit and listen to music while having hors doeuvres and a glass of wine,
There is a large field next to the vineyard which is used for the festivals, and a pretty patio with tables and chairs. They also offer tastings and tours at a pretty standing bar inside.
Besides the ambience, the wine is fantastic and has won many awards.
My favorite in South Jersey!!

Visited June 2011