“Trouble to start, but no problems after.”

Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed here, this past weekend, we got there about 9pm and they had a huge party going, a wedding they said. Well I walked up to the desk and the clerk asked for my name and tried to look me up, I had booked a Romance Package which came with a bottle of wine and free breakfast, it was a good deal. Well they didnt have me in the system. On further investigation, they found I had been booked for the night before and had a no show fee charged to my card. I was mad, the guy felt sooo bad. They were able to book us that night and got us a bottle of wine, and we got our free breakfast, it was just a hassle to begin with. Bascially they say to always call the hotel directly and make reservations, because they 1800 number isnt the best way to deal with making reservations. They fixed the no show fee so I was not charged for that, and they gave me some off on the bill. I thought that was very nice.

The room was very nice, it had a good size bathroom, neutrogena bath products, and good shower pressure. It had two closets, ironing board and Iron, microwave and refridgerator, coffee/tea maker, flat screen tv, desk and chair, and another chair in the corner. The bed was very comfortable it has an adjusting knob that will let you choose the setting of firm or not firm. They had a pool, but we didnt visit it. I used the business center, I think they were having problems with their computers, it kept shutting me out of the internet, I wasnt working on business, so it didnt matter, but it might to someone who needs to check on business things. Breakfast was really good, they have a station where you can order omelets, waffles, pancakes and some other things, they had fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, potatoes, all kinds of breakfast drinks, I really enjoyed breakfast. Check out was a breeze.

Next door was TGIFridays, we ordered room service the night before which is delievered from them. It was great, I had a hamburger and It was soooo goood and the food was delievered hot.

All in all after a bad start I really enjoyed my stay at Hilton Garden Inn in Hamilton, NJ.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 26, 2009

We stayed here for one night over spring break before a visit to Six Flags. The hotel was very nice and appeared much better than the nearby options. The lobby area is lovely and the staff was polite and helpful. The rooms were spacious, clean and nicely decorated. There are several restaurants to choose from nearby. We did the bed & breakfast package which included lots of options for everyone: fruit, oatmeal, danish, bagels, waffles, eggs cooked to order, etc. They failed to give us breakfast coupons when we checked in but that was easily fixed at the front desk. The pool was average for an indoor hotel pool. There is a small workout area overlooking the pool. There is also a small business center with computers that you can use for free.

We will definitely stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2009

We only stayed at the hotel for 1 night but found it to be great. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool was excellent with a nice hottub attached. The room was large with a king sized bed, and very clean. I found no problems with this hotel.
It has a TGI Friday next door to it, and if you go to the hotel I would advise that you drive somewhere else to eat. I walked to the restaurant, so the food would be hot(instead of driving to Mastoris Diner about 3 miles away. Ordered 2 hamburgers to go. one rare, and 1 medium rare, and a childs Mac and cheese. The order was taken by a woman at the desk. When I got the food back to the hotel about 200 feet away, everything was cold & both hamburgers were very well done. I could have bought the burgers two weeks earlier and got better. Next time I will go to Mastoris, even if I have to walk the 3 miles.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2009

Hotel worked out well for my family. Had a suite with two queen beds and a pull-out double bed sofa. Perfect for our needs. Clean, attractive lobby, pool area and room furnishings. My two children enjoyed having two televisions available - one in bed room area and one in living room area. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. Would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2008

Due to death in the family I had to find a hotel room on very short notice.
For some reason the local hotels were booked. I lucked out and found a room at the Hilton Garden Inn.
My husband and I thought the room was very nice we had no complaints with the room that would be worth getting upset over.
We did have a annoying vibrating noise from the refrigerator in the room, so we just unplugged it.

Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was modern and very clean.
Air conditioning system was a little "tricky" to regulate and like a previous poster mentioned it was loud. Perhaps our room was near systems for the hotel complex..

TGIF is right in front of the hotel, almost in the same parking lot.
Across the highway is a new shopping mall with a cracker barrrel and many other places to eat.

Only minus to the hotel would be no place to eat during the day like a coffee shop.
I would have no problem recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cactuscutie
Reviewed May 30, 2008

My Family and I just returned from a great visit in Hamilton,
New Jersey. We stayed a few nights at this hotel and were
pleased with our over all experience. Our daughter enjoyed
the indoor pool and hot tub.(Could have been a little larger).
They offer a great breakfast, with friendly staff. The hotel
is convenient to shopping and restaurants. We would stay
here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Standard Hilton room. No room service. Take out can be ordered from an attached TGIFridays but no delivery.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton
#1 of 5 in East Windsor
Hampton Inn Bordentown
Hampton Inn Bordentown
#1 of 11 in Bordentown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton? Share your experiences!