“Very good property for business travelers”

Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hamilton
Dunwoody, Georgia, USA
“Very good property for business travelers”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a standard Hilton Garden Inn property. It is well kept and clean. Internet speed is good. The breakfast area is kept clean and is consistent with other Hilton Garden Inns. There is a TGIF restaurant next door that you can walk to for dinner at night. The business center works well.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank W4ATL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was a great hotel with superb staff. When I arrived I was hungry and the front desk staff was very familiar with the surrounding area and was able to point me in the right direction without a handout. I also asked about a taxi for the following morning and the front desk immediately volunteered to handle it and she did. My taxi was on time, which is a plus, plus to me. The breakfast (grill, fruit, yogurt, cereal, danish, oatmeal, bacon, etc) was very good and reasonable for $9.00 and the staff was very friendly and provided exceptional customer service. There is a TGIF Friday's less than a block away which is convient. There are plenty other restaurants and stores nearby, but you have to cross a four lane busy highway. The hotel and rooms were very neat and clean. I felt right at home, I even utilized their printer and computer with no problems and it was fully stocked and organized. They also offered free wifi for hotel guest. I highly recommend this hotel and commend their staff for superb customer service!!!! Thank you..

• Stayed July 2012
Bristow
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was everything you expect from a Hilton property. The room was fantastic, very clean, all updated fixtures. The check-in was easy and quick. Only downside is that they charge for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed May 31, 2012

From our check in at 1AM to our departure this hotel really shined. Everything was sparkling clean, the lobby is super inviting, fresh cookies in the afternoons. Our rooms were lovely; quiet large and very comfortable. There is a separate patio area not by the pool that is a nice place to relax in the evenings. The staff is super friendly and helpful; always smiling and greeting you as you pass through the lobby. My only complaint is the 49.95 charge for breakfast even if all you get is cereal and yoghurt.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is awful. They say it's situated right next to a shopping center, but you cannot get there without a car. The acoustics are terrible-wedding reception tonight an the PA system might as well be in my room, and you can hear every footstep of the people in the rooms above you. An over-priced, over-rated hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Chriatinapastina
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is a fantastic Hilton Garden Inn - rivalry to any Hilton. The place was super clean, the rooms were large, the lobby was crisp and elegant, the food was great, the beds were super comfortable, the rates were quite reasonable, etc. The only reason a 4 vs. a 5 star rating is due to the noise of the air conditioner. It was too loud. Of course, it was white noise and we really didn't lose sleep over it. But, for as great as every other aspect of the hotel is, this noise really stands out. Would recommend to anybody staying in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in king suite - great for the family.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Clarence, New York
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I realize this happened two months ago, but I think the point I am making still applies. We reserved this Hotel for three nights December 27th -29th. I had had emergency surgery the Thursday before Christmas and decided instead of staying with my daughter and family we would enjoy the quietness afforded by staying in a nearby hotel. The first two nights I thought there were howling cats outside the window. I realized on the third morning that it was a crying baby in the next room. That evening we came back to the hotel early and I fell asleep about 8:30 only to be awakened at 11:30 by VERY LOUD snoring in the room next door. I called the front desk and explained that although my husband was asleep I couldn't get back to sleep because of the noise. We both agreed that it wasn't like a party that he could try to calm down..but in the meantime what about my not being able to sleep. The solution was...he gave me a key to a room on the next floor with no one on either side!! I went up there and slept and my husband stayed where he was. I was very appreciative and my husband was grateful he didn't have to move along with all of our belongings.

The next morning when we checked out I told the manager what had happened and she reimbursed the cost of one night. I was very pleased with all of their customer service. It certainly was not their fault that the hotel was not sound proof, but the way they handled it really allowed me to get the rest I needed.

I have stayed at this hotel a few other times and had not experienced any noise. I am not sure if I will risk it on another stay. I assume the entire hotel is not really soundproof so it could happen again.

Everything else was wonderful. The decoration were beautiful. They have warm cookies and a nice selection of fresh fruit at the reservation desk. I did not use the pool during this stay but my experience from other visits was that the pool was a little cool and the hot tub not very hot, but we still enjoyed both. The rooms are a nice size and very clean, the beds are very comfortable and can be adjusted in their firmness. All in all it is a lovely place, just not soundproof.

Room Tip: They suggested that a room on the 4th floor might be quieter. I can see that from the stand point o...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton
#1 of 2 in Trenton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton? Share your experiences!