“Best place to stay if you need to be in Hamilton”

Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hamilton
Seattle, Washington
“Best place to stay if you need to be in Hamilton”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Typical Hilton Garden Inn - pretty much the same as any other Hilton Garden Inn. It appears they used cheaper heating and ventillation system than most - it was pretty noisy. Other than that, it was fine. If you want or need to stay right in or near to Hamilton, than this is really your only choice. If you have more flexibility, than about 15 -20 minutes away you have more choices and some nicer places in Princeton.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Yardville, New Jersey
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I have stayed several times at the Hamilton Hilton. I live nearby but have had house and heath issues that required staying somewhere else. Most recently, I had surgery and my own house had too many stairs for my first days home. But this is not my first choice hotel to stay in the Mercer County area. They can thank the great Hilton Honors program that my points got me great rates for my stay.

As stated by others, it is the typical Hilton Garden Inn and a relatively new one. The lobby is lovely. The rooms are very nice. In the immediate area, it is the nicest hotel as the ones further south on Rt 130 seem to get much more transient traffic. I know many social events are held at this hotel and word of mouth on that is good.

Our room included a microwave, fridge, and internet. The room was spacious and the beds comfortable. The heating system was very loud when it turned on. So was the shower fan (never went off) and the fridge. The shower pressure was good. I was also given some complimentary bottled water - liked that a lot. They also have fresh fruit and fresh baked cookies in the lobby during the day. Yum!

For this most recent stay, I asked for a handicapped accessible room as I was unsure about my need for grab bars in the bathroom. For anyone traveling with a person in a wheelchair, this room was great in that it had a wheel-in shower stall. There was also a bench where someone could sit and shower. Very interesting and helpful in my current condition. Not sure if every handicapped room has this feature but mine did.

I think what bugs me about this hotel is that they don't have free breakfast. For what they charge, several other hotels in the area cost the same and you get the breakfast. They have a $10 buffet but, for a family trip, that can add up. Luckily, there is a McDs and Cracker Barrel across the highway.

This hotel also has a weird entrance where you go into the hotel via the TGIFridays entrance. Blame NJ road planning for this one. The TGIF also delivers room service to the hotel and is a quick walk over for lunch, dinner, snacks. We love this TGIFs.

If you are going to Great Adventure or the other attractions in the area, it is one of the nicest in the area. Across the highway is a shopping center with many popular restaurants of different price levels as well as department stores and a grocery store.

Very good hotel - just not special. However, I would give a shout-out to Jamie at the Front Desk. She was very helpful to us and showed the most caring attitude of the staff. She made sure I got some fresh-baked cookies when I was feeling down about my illness. Good job!

Room Tip: For some reason, it is hard to book this hotel on travel sites, even Hilton's. It shows up in o...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Hamilton NJ with our grandchildren. It was one of the best decisions we could have made! The staff made our grandkids feel very special and went out of their way to accommodate us and the kids at every turn. We needed a place close to the Sun Bank Arena, Trenton where we took the kids to see Disney on Ice, so we wouldn't have to drive home at night. We are sooo glad we did. The hotel is lovely, clean and very welcoming. There is shopping and restaurants across the way and a TGIF next door. The pool, which was the hilight for my grandkids, was clean and comfortable. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone need to lay their head down for a night or two. The breakfast was incredible, and once again, the customer service couldn't have been better. We felt like royalty! Thanks Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Anaheim, California
Reviewed January 8, 2012

There aren't lot of hotels nearby so this one wins for location if you're visiting Hamilton, Robbinsville, etc. The rooms are basic but clean, though mine had a damp rug when I visited in early December (they said it was because they'd been shampooing the carpets). Neutrogena bath products in the small bathroom. You get free wi-fi that's reasonably fast, and a view over the parking lots. You can walk to a TGI Friday's but you'll really need a car if you're staying here. If you arrive really late you might find the oranges in the fruit bowl to be dried out - yuck. They do have some snacks (mostly high calorie) for purchase, and a breakfast for purchase in the AM.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank TNTGL
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Very nice hotel, clean and conveniently located. I had to attend a seminar in the area and we spent one night here. Good or bad? The hotel looked exactly like the Hilton Garden Inn in Silver Spring, MD. Good with the lobby set up the same way, excellent customer service and again, clean. Bad - cookie cutter hotel? I am not sure if the hotels being set up the same way is a good thing or not, that is your choice. Overall it is a very nice hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 4, 2011

This hotel was great, very clean and the staff very helpful and polite.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Snohomish
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Clean, quiet, free internet and comfortable. Can't ask for much more. Typical mid level hotel staff give the basic level of service and hope you don't bother them. The bed was comfortable and TV had enough channels.

Note: If you don't have a car and don't want to eat at TGI F's, you have to play Frogger crossing the highway to get to the places on the other side.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Tooblackdogs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton
Holiday Inn Express Bordentown - Trenton South
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton? Share your experiences!