“give this one 5 stars!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hamilton
Newington, Connecticut
“give this one 5 stars!”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

we were not disappointed when we did an overnight at this great inn!! if you can navigate the ring roads getting into the place, you will be very glad you selected hilton garden inn as your place to stay!! our room was very clean (a must for us when travelling) and the service above average. (the desk clerk helped us save $$ on a gift card that was not reading properly) plenty of places to eat nearby, too. we don't often write about accommodations we stay at, but could not let this one go by. stay there! you will be happy you did.

TIP - to get into this property just take the little road on the left-hand side of friday's restaurant.

shirley miller

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
woodbridge, nj
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Staff is very helpful here, and the room was very nice, too. They do have
breakfast, but there is a charge. I was a little disappointed with that, though.
The chef told us "their delivery had not come in that morning", so there were
a few things they couldn't make. For a $10.00 breakfast, I felt they should
have sent someone out to buy what they needed. Also, the person who was
cleaning the tables and taking payment came over to our table right after we
got our food (it's buffet), and asked my husband to pay her. I found this to be
quite rude. Any place I have eaten at, your bill is brought to the table when you're
finished. Other than this, the stay was great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This is exactly what Hilton hotels are all about. The customer service is top notch, rooms are very clean, there's a lot of shopping and dining nearby. It's perfect if you are traveling or going to an event nearby.

Only hint: Call ahead and ask the front desk for a "GPS Friendly" address or you'll get lost in a traffic circle!

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Lebanon, PA
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I've been traveling to HGI Hamilton for a long time now and it's always been a pleasant experience. The staff are great, the breakfast is delicious, and the hotel is comfortable. The only negative thing I have to say about this hotel is the internet is painfully slow. I come here for business and rely on the internet to do work - however, sometimes it is nearly impossible. Overall though, a great place to stay

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nodnarb5285
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Well, it is extremely hard to find the entrance! This should be marked more clearly! Upon arrival, I was greeted by a very unfriendly front desk person. Most of the front desk folks were great though. The room and the facility is very nice and appears quite new. Rooms did have some bugs. Amenities were okay - coffee in rooms was not good at all. The beds were VERY comfortable. But the real problem occurred upon checkout. I had to check out in the wee hours of the morning, and there was no desk clerk anywhere. The desk was left open for at least 15 minutes while I waited - no one was minding the store! I even called the front desk with my cell to get someone so I could catch my plane - no answer! Turns out he was napping in tv area of lobby! Would I stay there again? Perhaps, but it would not be my first choice!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank diverbe49
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Stayed at this hotel while on business for a week in Hamilton. Could tell the hotel was pretty new. Offerred breakfast in the morning for $8.95. Which had food most hotels give you for free. The workout room was decent. 2 treadmills , 2 ellipticals and some weights. Indoor pool area seemed a bit small but I didn't use it. Families seemed to be enjoying it. Hotel staff was friendly. My biggest complaint about this hotel was how thin the walls were. I am a light sleeper and the I could here the people in the room next to me talking and then their tv kept me up. Overall nice hotel. Just wish they would have soundproofed a little better.

• Stayed April 2011
massillon
Reviewed April 13, 2011

After the nightmare of figuring out how to get into the parking lot, our efforts were rewarded. This is a beautiful facility. Very comfortable and clean. Some of the front desk personnel offer top-notch service........others - not so much. But overall, we were pleased with our stay. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton
Holiday Inn Express Bordentown - Trenton South
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton? Share your experiences!