“Good Tomato Pie”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife & I saw a few open parking spaces after exiting the AMC 24 movies so we decided to finally check out DeLorenzo's of Hamilton. We were seated right away but it was 4:45 pm and when we were leaving at 6:00 pm there was a 45 minute wait. We saw they had a soup of the day offering along with a pasta fagioli and had some interesting sounding salads but we were here to try the pie. We ordered a tomato pie with fresh garlic and half sausage and a couple of birch beers. After only about a 15 minute wait we got our pie and it was good with a very crisp crust, but just slightly dry in my opinion. We both liked the pie but we just prefer the Robbinsville Delorenzo's a bit more. It was the same thing when it was Hudson st vs Hamilton ave. We are very lucky to have so many great options for tomato pie in this area though. The restaurant itself was very comfortable and had a cozy ambiance and they keep packing em in!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a comparison of the Hamilton and Robbinsville DeLorenzo's.

I like them both. Hamilton location has soup (pasta fagioli-very good) and dessert (Tiramisu, Coconut Balls, etc.). Robbinsville location - no soup, no dessert but very yummy salads.

Wait time seems less at the Hamilton location. Robbinsville, less seating space but just has a better feel (for me). Perhaps it's because I've frequented this location much more and will continue...

Pizza at both is very good but again, I prefer the Robbinsville location. Both have great wait staff.

I guess I prefer the Robbinsville location's wonderful salads and the ambiance. And I think their pizza is just a tad better.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Thought we’d give the new location a try following their relocation from Hamilton Ave in Trenton. We’ve known about the ‘differences’ amongst the DeLorenzo establishments and understand that opinions vary. Our service was very good and the pie was delivered to our table exactly as ordered. The quality and quantity were there – great experience at their new location by the Hamilton train station. We have enjoyed the Robbinsville location over the years and that would be our preference but a return trip visit is not out of the question.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I had dinner at DeLorenzos. The pizza there is great. There’s always a wait, but the pizza makes the wait well worth it. The selection there is very small, they have pizza and salads, and that’s it, so if you’re looking for anything but pizza, this isn’t the place for you, but the pizza is well worth it. They have multiple types of pizzas, and you can split the pizza with different toppings too, as we did.

If you like pizza, definitely go here, even to get take out if you don’t feel like waiting. We waited about 20 minutes, but by the time we left, the wait was up to an hour. I’d definitely recommend this place for the pizza lovers out there.

My only complaint was the service, and maybe they were short staffed, or it was just so busy, but we had issues getting our waiters attention and getting refills on our drinks. That was the only negative I have for this place.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

DeLorenzo's has always had the best tomato pie.....the food, atmosphere and people continue to be the best!!!

1  Thank gailc777