“Not what I was hoping for”
Review of Abbott's Frozen Custard - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Abbott's Frozen Custard
Description: "The way ice cream was meant to be" - Abbott's Frozen Custard, since 1902 from Rochester, NY. Hand scooped - 10 flavors made fresh in store daily - flavors rotate daily. Fresh made waffle cones, sundaes, flurries, ice cream sodas, floats, cakes & pies, pints to go, frozen bananas turtles and wheels. Eat-in or take-out.
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
“Not what I was hoping for”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

A New Yorker I know had really raised my hopes for this shop and praised its ice cream to the skies, but when it finally opened, I was disappointed. They only have a few flavors available every day, and the night I went there, I was strongly advised by the workers not to order my first choice because they said it tasted like toothpaste! My second choice was tasty, but I was really shocked at the price, which would have bought at least two ice creams at any other shop. I haven't been back. I guess I will just have to wait for trips to St. Louis to get my frozen custard fix at Ted Drewes!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank develbow
Stuart A, Owner at Abbott's Frozen Custard, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
We apologize that you were disappointed and served by an obviously disgruntled employee. However, I must set the record straight:

- We have 10 rotating flavors (out of 45 total flavors) of frozen custard that are made FRESH throughout every day.
- Our employees are well trained to offer a taste of any flavor for any customer to try.
- The comment with regards to our price being double other shops is simply untrue.

Our products are reasonably priced and more than competitive with other ice cream stores in our area. Noting that the reviewer is from Hamilton, we are "shocked" that the review contains such a grossly inaccurate pricing statement.

To conclude, as you say, I'm glad you enjoyed a "tasty" frozen custard!

Bordentown, New Jersey
“OK, but nothing to write home about”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Abbotts recently opened near the AMC Movie Theater.
Unfortunately, the ice cream or the frozen custard is just so so.
The service also leaves much to be desired.
And the cost is way above what you get for the money.

• Visited August 2012