“Decent Italian”

Hamilton Twp, NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent Italian”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The food is average for an Italian restaurant ,the dishes where tasty and the service was good .they are located near a highway 130 ,so it is easy to get there , good parking lot.

Princeton, NJ
“Horrible!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Food is inedible, beyond bad and not fresh. There is nothing positive one can say about the food. Service as the others say is also very poor.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank RobbinsvilleGirl
Crosswicks, New Jersey
“The best new Italian restaurant in years.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The atmosphere is refined and excellent, the acoustics are excellent. You can actually carry on a quiet conversation with your date without having to raise your voice, because there is no din. The floor plan is well thought out. There are not any seats near the kitchen, bathroom, or server's station. The half circle booths are cozy, romantic, and offer a degree of privacy for very intimate dining.

The food is the best I have tasted in years, since the famous Chambersburg restaurants were forced to close due to creeping urban blight in Trenton. In fact, the owner has hired two chefs from two of those restaurants to recapture the old Italian flavor and flair of "the way it was."

After my former favorite restaurant closed several years ago, I drifted around from restaurant to restaurant trying to find one that I liked, without success. Then I discovered Villa Romanza, which is now my restaurant of choice. It is a refined, upscale restaurant with excellent food served in very generous portions without upscale prices.

I have eaten there too many times to count since I discovered Villa Romanza, and the owner even knows my name. I would eat there even more often if I were not frequently out of town.

Matthew A. Lee

Red Bank, NJ
“good food, good treatment”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went to restaurant as a guest at a family party. Was pleasantly surprised by how good & plentiful the food was. The food was served family style. Everything I tasted was delicious. Food was served at a good pace, no rushing. The owner was very friendly to the guests. The party was in a separate room, but the restaurant section looked nice and the bar was inviting. Would definitely return for dinner.

Trenton, New Jersey
“fugetaboutit”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went there in January, 2013 after hearing about the new chefs. Made reservations for a party of 6. I don't know why. We walked in at 7:00 pm. Place was dead. No one seated at the bar. At best 7-8 tables were filed. At the beginning service was OK. Waitress took our drink and food orders. Bread came to the table, it was cold. Garlic knots were raw. Appys were good. Four of us had the chicken catch. Others had veal dishes. The chicken dishes came out semi - cold. which made us wonder why since the place was empty. They were definitely not pressed in the the kitchen. Before we finished eating the waitress came around and gave us the check without asking if we wanted dessert or coffee. The big surprise was that parties of 6 people or more have a 20% gratuity added to the bill. By time we left at 9:00pm the place was empty. we wanted to complain about the 20% tip but the owner was already gone. Speaking about the owner, he is a really nice personable guy but he is in the wrong line of work. Bottom line is......don't bother. mediocre food, terrible service and vibes.

• Visited January 2013