“Fair but not worth a second trip.”
Review of BIll's Old Tavern

BIll's Old Tavern
Ranked #29 of 97 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Quakerbridge Road
Description: Quality means more at Bill's Olde Tavern. It's fresh 100% USDA Choice or Prime ground beef formed into perfectly grilled, Handcrafted Burgers that redefine an American classic. Quality is seasonal vine ripened tomatoes and crisp leaf lettuce still glistening with garden dew. It's smoked bacon and premium cheeses and an uncompromising commitment to providing you the best. Passion is people. People who love what they do and take your enjoyment personally. Passion is what to expect from the people who take your order and the people who craft your meal. Everyone you meet here is happy you've come, and they're genuinely dedicated to having you visit with us frequently. Pride makes us a family. This is our home. You are our guest. And we will attend to your dining experience with a degree of care and attention to detail unrivaled anywhere. A deep desire to serve others is the secret weapon of a gracious host. And it's why, at Bill's Olde Tavern, we want you to always leave with a smile.
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Fair but not worth a second trip.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

First time since it was the original Bills. The burger for lunch was not cooked well as it was burnt as were the fries. They were burnt yet soggy so this was the first and last lunch at the new bills.

Visited August 2013

Englishtown, New Jersey
“Embarassed by Owner/Manager”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I have eaten there numerous times and have on several occasions ordered the 2 for 22 featured on their menu. It allows for one appetizer or dessert, 2 entrées and 2 drinks ( from a selected menu) for $22. My husband always orders his drinks off the menu at full price since he prefers martinis to the house drinks offered in the special. I am not much of an alcohol connoisseur so just drink his and my house wine included on the 2 for $22 menu. Today. we were embarrassed by the owner/manager who told us that we were not entitled to the 2 for $22 special since I drank both glasses of wine. Despite our pointing out that my husband was paying full price for his drinks and I was simply drinking his complimentary drink as well as my own, the manager/owner stated this was against the law since he could only give one complimentary drink per meal. Again, we pointed out that we had in fact ordered two meals which included 2 drinks and failed to understand why it mattered who drank the drinks, We also pointed out that we had eaten here several times and my husband had never consumed his "free" drink but had always purchased at least two full priced drinks . It seemed unreasonable to us that if we had each ordered a glass of wine and my husband had left his untouched or had poured it out we would have been charged the 2 for $22 price but since I drank his wine, we had to be charged full price for the wine. We were also puzzled why this had never been an issue before. Our bill showed that we were indeed charged full price for the wine. Upon arriving home, I looked at the state's laws concerning complimentary drinks and it only states the establishment is limited to offering one complimentary drink per meal . There is absolutely nothing that states it is against the law for a person to give his or her complimentary drink to a dinner mate, The reason we will not be returning to Bill's Old Tavern is not because of the extra few dollars we were charged but because of the attitude of the manager/owner who implied I was somehow trying to play the system to get a "free" drink when I had no idea I was doing anything other than drinking my husband's glass of wine. The wait staff at Bill's is great and we'll really miss them, We use to alternate between Bill's and JoJo's because we liked them both. The tie is now broken and fortunately, JoJo's is just across the street from Bill's and they make the best drinks in town!!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank barbedout
“A potentially great destination but inconsistent”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here often. Great bar and menu. Meals can be great to mediocre. Great ambiance. (You can sit outside when the weather is nice.) excellent bar.

• Visited June 2013
trenton nj
“better soda”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

no diet soda only triple cola.taste terrible. should get up to date and add coke or pepsi..food was ok.salad could be a lot better

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank snowmanTrentonNj
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Totally by Accident”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We tried this place quite by accident, going with no idea what to expect. The menu was varied, the bar was stocked well, the service was great. We had scampi over pasta, quite delicious. Salad was good, too. We did not get to try their signature bread so we will save it for the next time. A very local place but no pretense. The staff was very welcoming. A very interesting building.

• Visited May 2013

Been to BIll's Old Tavern? Share your experiences!