“Pathetic Hospitality”
Review of Spigola Ristorante

Spigola Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Spigola Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 98 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 130
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My Family chose this restaurant to celebrate Father's Day. Inspite of the it being very pricey, we chose to dine in. When I requested to be seated a little inside, away from the grill and the bar, the person had hesitations and remarked" You better get used to the smell lady". I was already unhappy to stay. To add to my disappointment, they took well over 5 minutes to ask for drinks. Another person walking by totally ignored me when I was trying to get his attention. That was it, I knew we were not treated right. As I was leaving, my husband tried to be kind and said, there were few vegetarian choices. I decided to tell them the truth. The person claimed that he was only kidding and did not make any effort to apologize but instead said " get outta here". Nobody deserves to be treated like that. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone if they were looking for a nice casual dining experience.

2  Thank ms R
There are newer reviews for Spigola Ristorante

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I wanted a late afternoon glass of wine in a comfortable, upscale atmosphere. Spigola definitely delivered on the physical ambiance of our wishes, but in this time of economic hardship, I wish both the staff and the management were a little more sympathetic to their customer's plight. We both ordered a drink, and asked to see the menu. We just wanted a little something to eat with our wine. The food was good (we ordered a plate of mussels in red sauce, and the small antipasti plate), but the server acted like we committed a mortal sin by not ordering a complete dinner. (We were seated at the bar.) Although the restaurant had few customers, our check came extraordinarily fast--I guess the time allotted is equal to the amount spent.
No one was unprofessional, but a little warmth and understanding would have gone a long way.

2  Thank RoadLessTravelledNJ
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Wonderful appetizer served in a martini glass. Excellent sea bass. Yes pricey but very good food.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I ate at Spigola with some of my friends, and all 4 of us were disappointed with both the food and service. The meals were not good, and certainly not what we expected for the price at all. I had spaghetti and the sauce was really "off". We had to wait quite a long time for drink refills, and yet we were there mid-week (we were one of four tables total). Needless to say, we will not be returning with our families.

1  Thank stargazer36
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Selection was limited food was was either overcooked or cold. Wait staff was great. $40per person was way to high for mediocre food in a strip mall restaurant.