“Excellent!”

Padrino's Bistro & Italian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Padrino's Bistro & Italian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 93 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We are a new family restaurant in Hamilton, NJ. Padrino's has a full menu featuring pasta, steaks, pork chops, chicken, veal and seafood. Padrino's offers large portions, with high quality for comfortable prices. Padrino's is also offering a separate pizza section that will cater to pizza, subs, wraps, panini's and more. Take-out and Delivery is available. Coming September 2009.
Hamilton
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We try to get there at least once a month. The food is wonderful; the service excellent. Lately I've been arranging lunches there - to rave reviews. Prices are reasonable, and food is always delicious. My favorite meal is that seafood "stew" - "Mediterraneo" - mussels, clams, scallops, calamari, shrimp, and a lobster tail at the bottom. Try it "fra diablo".

• Visited May 2013

Bangor, Pennsylvania, United States
“Dinner stop after spending a day at the Trenton Sculpture Gardens.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had dinner here on a Saturday evening with a group of girls celebrating 50th birthday. Dinner was very good. The selection of food was incredible. Expected a limited Italian menu with lots of pastas but there were many dishes of meats, chicken and sea food. Interesting menu and great specials. The red snapper and salmon were excellent. very fresh. I don't eat mussels but several had ordered them with their entree and remarked how delicious they were. Your pick of pastas or served over veggies. Large portions served with fresh salads and hot bread with dipping sauces. Variety of dessert options, I got the Italian cheesecake. BYOB but they offered bottles of local winery for purchase. Would have gotten a better review, but had to wait a bit, even though we had reservations and it wasn't busy. Great food and reasonable prices for the amount of food you get. We all had doggie bags!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mary K
Plainsboro
“Yummy chicken parm”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Came here a few times and always order the chicken parm. I am a picky eater but I love their tomato sauce! The chicken always tastes fresh and they serve big portions. My boyfriend tries something new each time and is always happy. Plus it's byob!

• Visited February 2013
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Will be returning to Padrino's”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

It's true - we have an amazing number of terrific Italian restaurants in New Jersey. So, when I returned to NJ from my new home in Maine, I hit several of my favorite places. Padrino's was new to me, and it came highly recommended by two friends still living in Hamilton Twp, so five of us headed there for dinner. The atmosphere is nothing fancy, but it was a comfortable place to gather a group of friends, and the place was crowded with groups similar to ours. The overall impression was of a place where you can be comfortable, stay awhile, linger over wine (BYOB) and coffee and dessert - my kind of place.

We ordered three delicious appetizers to share - a perfectly done, tender Calamari Fritti served with two sauces; Bruschetta served on a grilled ciabatta bread - with surprisingly good tomatoes (in February!); and Mussels fra Diabolo - and there was plenty for all five of us. In fact, we never did finish the bruschetta and we barely managed to polish off the last couple of mussels. Although I will say the "fra diablo" part remains in question - no heat - I'd call it Mussels Marinara, but still delicious.

The one house salad ordered was pronounced "good," likewise the one order of pasta fagioli (which, to me, more closely resembled minestrone than the traditional Italian pasta-and-bean soup). The rest of us "made do" with the appetizers and two baskets of assorted artisan breads that appeared at our table, and all agreed it was a LOT of food to start our evening. I was starting to wonder if we shouldn't have just ordered apps and desserts!

All five entrees, however, were very good and generously portioned. Be prepared: Your entrees will arrive on the most ridiculously oversized serving platters. Mine came out on an oval platter the size of which my mother brings the Thanksgiving turkey to the table. Others were 15-inches square, and the pasta came in a bowl ordinarily used to serve pasta to a crowd. But it's not just for show. The portions really are HUGE. You cannot go home hungry from Padrino's.

My dining companions ordered from the menu and enjoyed the Chicken Francese, Seafood Mediterraneo in a marinara sauce, the New Zealand lamb chops, and another chicken dish I regrettably cannot recall - all declared "delicious," with leftovers to spare on the two chicken dishes and the chops. Somehow the Seafood Mediterraneo disappeared, although it had seemed an impossible task when it was delivered by our waitress.

I ordered from the nightly specials, and unfortunately, mine was the only somewhat disappointing entree of the evening. Consisting of fried calarmari, scallops, shrimp and a crab cake with a vodka sauce, this dish had potential. However, the crab cake appeared to have been deep-fried - and forgotten in the fryer. It literally arrived in a nearly blackened state, ruining an otherwise impressive presentation. I managed to break open the done-to-a-hardshell-crisp to taste the crab meat inside and found they had managed to create a crab cake with no discernible filler that was still absolutely tasteless, so maybe it didn't matter that it had been petrified. Certainly, with a portion so huge, my appetite didn't suffer for not having the crab cake, although it was main reason I had ordered the dish.

We passed on dessert, having gorged ourselves on appetizers, and just ordered some coffee and tea to complete our evening. Padrino's is one of those places where you should decide whether you're having apps or dessert - you likely won't have room for both. But the staff never rushed us, and we lingered for at least a half hour over coffee doing what everyone else in the place seemed to be doing - catching up with old friends, laughing, talking and enjoying the comfortable atmosphere as if sitting around a good friend's kitchen table.

Despite my own disappointing dinner selection, we will be returning to Padrino's on our next visit to NJ, where I'll be sure to order one of the many delectable choices from the menu. And maybe I'll skip the apps next time in favor of dessert.

• Visited February 2013
“A pleasant surprise tucked away but not hard to find”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Dined here 4 times in the past year and each visit was very good. The entree's are well prepared and plentiful and the menu is quite diversified. We can recommend this and we will visit again soon.

Note : this place is BYOB but thats not a bad thing, we like it that way!

Visited August 2012