“The actual service was fantastic, but...”
Review of Reflections Spa

Reflections Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Hamburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Reflections Spa is located at Grand Cascades Lodge at Crystal Springs Resort. Our unique array of services include many themes and elements of the resort and local environment, such as "The Wine Cellar" featuring treatments using wine and grape seed extracts in your services. Come for the day and enjoy a pampering massage, facial or body treatment or stay overnight with one of our luxurious spa & stay packages, perfect for a girlfriends getaway or couples retreat.
Hunterdon County, NJ
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“The actual service was fantastic, but...”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My mom and I went to Reflections Spa for manicures and pedicures on Mother's Day. The services were really great, and we have the highest praise for the women who did them Caitlyn and Barbra. They were professional and nice and had gentle touches. The pedicure chairs were vere comfortable. Enjoyed the services a lot but there were a few other things I did not enjoy as much.The main one was that about an hour after my appointment was over I bumped my toe and a chunk of polish was missing. I stopped at the spa to ask if they could just hand me the bottle for a minute so I could touch it up. The teenage girl at the desk told me that she couldn't get me the bottle because another service was going on in that room. That would have been fine except for one thing - that that same girl had come in and out of that same room at least 3 times during MY service - she went looking for her lunch, came in and out for a fork, etc. I have to say that really rubbed me the wrong way. The other thing people should know is that this doesn't have that tranquil spa atmosphere that matters to some spa guests. For example, while waiting for our services we were sent to a hallway outside the spa. There are signs that say "quiet, spa zone" or something like that, but since you are waiting on a bench outside the elevators that take kids down to a pool with a 140 foot water slide you can't seriously expect tranquility. It was also noisy at several points during our treatments.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank northeastkk

New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fabulous”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The most relaxing time of my life spent here. Professionally done as soon as you walk in. There was this lovely girl I think her name was Andrea who was so helpful and made the experience that much better. I recommend visiting as often as you can, you will walk out feeling fabulous!

Visited February 2014
Red Bank, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“So relaxing!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I had a couples massage here when we recently stayed at Grand Cascades - wonderful and relaxing!! The massages were great, it felt like our hour went by too quickly! Afterwards they gave us glasses of champagne and we were able to rub our feet in a salt scrub and soak in hot water, which was a perfect ending. Only complaint would be that we wished the lounge you waited in for your service was separate from where you relaxed with your champagne and the foot scrub afterwards, it felt a little odd to have the two mixed. But on the whole it was great and we would definitely return next time we stay at Crystal Springs.

Visited November 2013
Wantage, New Jersey, United States
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Ahhhhhhh!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Absolutely my favorite spa. Always asking for a gift certificate for a day of relaxation. The services are awesome!! Its even more fun when you bring a friend!!!

Visited September 2012
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Reflections Spa...Poor customer service from the receptionist”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I know going to a NJ spa with young girls who don't really care about the work they do, you wont get much from them. I must say I don't what was wrong with this receptionist. I understand it was presidents weekend so I wanted to be extra nice to them so my fiance would get treated well. Unfortunately, it didn't help. I asked the girl named Cleasy if I may have access to the biosphere pool and I told her I would pay for it like it stated on the invoice. Non-holiday weekend its 100 per person. She tells me to ask the hotel front desk, I went up and the front desk tells me to go ask back to the spa receptions. I went back to her, she was upset for some reason. She threw the drawer open, it fell to the floor and her lips quivered and hands shook. I asked her if she is okay, she replied " I'm gonna do what you are tell me?""" WOW. Cleasy.. word of advice this is not you line of work. Find something else for sake of your employer!!!

5 Thank wan2betraveler