“This Place Is My #1 Worst Rated”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Blackstone Pub & Grill - CLOSED

Blackstone Pub & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vernon, New Jersey
“This Place Is My #1 Worst Rated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Sussex Road Kill as an entree on the menu? Yikes. Not funny and in very poor taste. Tried this place for the 1st time & couldn't wait to leave but couldn't get the waitress back to the table. Had to go get her. Awful service & greasy, tasteless food. Waitress couldn't answer questions about the menu. House wine was gross and the glass was dirty. My stomach turner was the side of dipping sauce that was obviously sitting out because the mayo based sauce was brown and beginning to crust. Husband ordered a burger and dare I say that I think Bubba burgers are better than that. How hard is it to cook a burger to medium and not screw it up? It was raw. Ordered an open faced Reuben and they didn't think to drain the kraut so the bread was mush. It turned into a pile of slop and was inedible. Will never go back & would not recommend this restaurant to anyone unless you want bad service with a side of food poisoning. They don't even get 1 star from me but I'm forced to.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Claudine P

Vernon, New Jersey
“Random choice - great pick!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I don't know why all these other reviews r so bad. We must've got lucky. We were just driving by, and seen a parking lot FULL of cars - that's a good sign.And sure enough the place was mobbed! We sat at the bar, had appetizers and pizza - everything was delicious! Our bartender provided us with excellent service: a hot red-head quickly made the drinks, and served them with a smile! We'll be back! Next time for dinner.

Hamburg, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awful food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

first and last visit here. Flank steak was all grizzle and fat, veggies good but cold, mashed potatoes tasteless. Salad was tasteless iceburg lettuce with overly vinegared dressing. Chicken dried out and tateless.
One of the worst meals we have ever had

1 Thank mary ann k
New Jersey
“Below Average Food, Poor Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

As you probably guessed from the title of this post, we had a very disappointing meal at the Blackstone. My husband, two young children and I stopped here this past Monday night for dinner. When we first arrived, there were about four other tables that were occupied. We first ordered drinks, which didn’t take long to come out, and then ordered an artichoke and spinach dip appetizer, and our kids’ meals. After a little while, the waiter came back to take the rest of our dinner order. My husband and I each ordered a personal pizza, and I asked for a side salad.

When the first round of food came out, the dip was barely warm and my son ate only three bites of his mac and cheese, which is unusual. I tasted his mac and cheese and it was gritty. Very strange. My daughter’s chicken fingers weren’t even that good.

We then waited for our pizzas. And waited. And waited. I watched as the people around us grew increasingly annoyed at the waiter’s lack of attention. All of this while the waiter hung out by the hostess stand, talking. People were complaining to each other about the poor service and, when the waiter finally came to visit one of his tables, I overheard the customer say, “Did you get lost? Where have you been?”

We ordered our pizzas at 6:00 and by 7:00 we still didn’t have them. Because our kids were now getting restless (they are 19 months old and 3 ½ years old), we asked the busboy, since we couldn’t find our waiter, to have our pizzas to-go. When the waiter finally showed up to give us our check, there was no apology; no acknowledgement of taking so ridiculously long; nothing. I then had to remind him that I also ordered a salad. After a while in the kitchen he came back with my salad.

It’s rare to see such awful customer service. I used to be a waitress and understand that restaurants can become busy, causing the service to slow down a bit. However, this restaurant wasn’t busy. The waiter was simply too preoccupied with chatting with the hostess that he couldn’t be bothered waiting on his tables. I would imagine he made next to nothing in tips that night. Plus, the food wasn’t good. It’s difficult to screw up spinach and artichoke dip, and common kids meals, but they managed to accomplish it.

When we got home, I opened up the box for my salad and it was nothing but a pile of iceburg lettuce. There wasn’t any other vegetable to be found. Just a pile of lettuce. I just tossed it in the trash. We heated up our pizza, which I have to admit, was pretty good. However, we certainly will never be back to the Blackstone.

3 Thank Godiva0318
Sussex, NJ
“Sorry to say but this place is awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Listen, I am more than fair with restaurants when they are just starting out. But really how can you wreck a steak. My wife, son and myself order 3 different steaks. My son had NY Strip, I had the porterhouse and my wife had their salad and steak. My son's, though ordered medium, came out so red that only a vampire could eat it, my wife's and my steak were so full of fat and gristle that we couldn't even eat them. The manager took mine back and gave me another. Ugh, just as bad.

My advice is to spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013