“True Excellence!”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“True Excellence!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a beautiful resort. The rooms are relaxing and some come with kitchens. The views are spectacular. There is a wonderful spa and fabulous indoor pool.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank 3retiredtravellers

Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great wedding venue - October 2013”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My sister's wedding at Ballyowen Golf Club in October was wonderful. The amenities were excellent and I commend the staff for providing great customer service, especially the maitre'd Luis. He catered to the bridal party and was very courteous and helpful. My sister and brother in law were very impressed with the services provided at their wedding. Providing us with a shuttle service to take our guests back to their hotels (Minerals, Appalachian, and Grand Cascade) after the wedding reception was an excellent service to provide and we highly recommend this resort for weddings or parties. We plan to go back to Crystal Springs and stay at one of their hotels for a summer vacation.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank AnonKC
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 180 helpful votes
“A Big dissappointment”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Even though it sits atop the Vernon Valley hills in NJ, a very pretty place to visit during the day and enjoy the breathtaking views, by the time we got to the wedding reception it was pitch dark and could not see anything, let alone getting lost going up the narrow dark winding road.
The food at the cocktail hour was nothing to brag about and was generally cold. The room was very dark and you had to pass through the restaurant/bar part of the place to get to the cocktail hour room. The main dinner course was very tasty and could not find anything to complain about.
The reception room was not symmetrical and seemed very awkward that people were almost sitting on top of each other. The management/maitre d' was not friendly at all and not too accomodating, completely disregarding the wishes of the people who were running the wedding so that he can accommodate his staff when serving dinner, etc.
If you are the type of person who has fun regardless of all these things, then its okay, otherwise if you are a litte more particular, then I would recommend you find another place to hold a wedding. I certainly will not hold my children's weddings here even if they gave it to me for free.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank George710
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice getaway from NYC”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was not wowed. I think a lot had to do with too many children on site. Also, the suite at the Grand Cascade was nice but nothing special. I scheduled a massage at minerals. The massage was not the best and I did not like having to go through their workout gym. All in all, it was a beautiful drive from NYC and I enjoyed myself.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mag9903
Lake Jackson, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fun and family”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had a great time playing in the cold, but my favorite part was the fireplace in the room. The rooms were clean, well stocked, and very comfortable.

Visited January 2013