“Huge faux-old complex. Nice environment and food ok.”

Crystal Springs Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Hamburg
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had a 2 night stay as part of a business meeting. Facilities are all pretty good with large suites as rooms. All a bit brown and dull but was comfortable. Meeting room was spacious with plenty of light. The pool area was ice to relax in although too small for a proper swim. Food was good and the wine tasting was fun and interesting. The whole place was a bit too big to have any character, but good for a conference.

2  Thank PhilDowdell
There are newer reviews for Crystal Springs Golf Resort

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I went here after Cava Winery directly across the street. He has played this beautiful course and I hope to one day.. I walked around to check out the spa, lobby area, grounds and then the pro shop where the sales girl was clueless. Finally we arrived at the bar. I can get past paying $35 for two glasses of wine, but the bartender was miserable and acted like she couldn't be bothered. That blows it for me...

4  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have the misfortune I visiting Grand Cascade Lodge on my second trip the first time I went they stuck me at the Appalachian the view was great the room so so! The biggest issue was the fact of it taking 13 hours of driving based on the customer service direction or the lack of customer service. I spent 5 days there and 4 of the 5 days the jacuzzi by the pool was not working.. The staff did not have any answers since this was my first time there or even in the area they are not trained to help customers.
I figured I would give it another shot so I booked a room at the Grand Cascade Lodge Let me tell you right up front save your money this is a second rate place charging top dollar for rooms you can get at motel 6..... I always get nicer rooms at the Hampton Inn. This place needs real help in customer service the staff are rude and ignorant to guest of the hotel. Now I did find a few gems that work there and they care about the customer. But other than a few and I mean few the staff has no business being in the Service industry in fact the Operation Manager should be hired to take out garbage the because has NO people skills and in fact insults the customer by thinking that a drink makes all the bad things go away. Insult on top of insults I enjoy the food in the dinning room the Chef Patrick cares about his food. As to the other day time chef when I am paying $30.00 for breakfast for 1 I do not accept uncooked fried potatoes and cold eggs Benedict if it wasn't for the waitress making it right I would have walk out.....Thanks Brenda
As a business person who travels a lot I would recommend finding a better place from the pro shop to the front desk this is a place that should making their guest feel welcome and appreciate someone who comes in and spends thousands for one person, if were and owner there I would be really upset. There is No continuity with the staff like I said there is only about five people that I cam in contact with that should be in the service industry... The operations manager is by no means a good manager you don't cancel a quest reservation to extend the stay and take it out when the complain about the place......I was thrown out into the street because he did not want to hear how bad the place is and it was not just me I spoke to over 200 people while staying there and not one person had anything nice to say about Crystal Spring Golf Resort save your money and time go to the Hampton Inn they will make you feel like they value your business.

10  Thank Tim R
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This place has amazing reviews! It's nothing like its described in the reviews. They nickel and dime you to death. The staff are all lazy rich kids who wouldn't know a hard days work if it smacked them in the face and knocked the smug condescending grins from their faces. If you've got the cash to stay here I recommend you stay away and go somewhere else in the world. Anywhere is better than this place. Then again if you're a fan of snookie and $20 greasy burgers and sandwiches and you think a stale croissant is gourmet dining, you'll love it.

11  Thank Jill I
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Certainly one of the best golf locations in the Tri-State area. I use my rewards card for discounts on the greens fees, and the Bars and Restaurants are Very Good too!