“Perfect Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hamburg
NYC
“Perfect Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Went for a girls weekend getaway and had a fantastic time at Grand Cascades. Everything from the resort grounds to the spa services to the rooms (HUGE and beautifully decorated) were wonderful. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. Also had one of the best dining experiences at Restaurant Latour - food was outstanding as was the wine list. I had no idea what to expect when coming here and I haven't stopped raving about it yet.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
GCLManager, Public Relations Assistant at Grand Cascades Lodge, responded to this review, July 21, 2009
Thanks so much for writing a review! We are truly happy that you had a good time at the resort and at restaurant Latour. We hope you are having a great summer and will visit us soon J!

Best,

Grand Cascades Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Warwick, NY
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Becoming a popular place for weddings but they do not have a good relationship between their hotel and reception venue so nothing went smoothly- welcome bags with brunch invitations were lost, not enough rooms for guests, very expensive rooms for guests, bar was closed post party. People in charge of execution didn't follow contracts, lied, no attention to detail outside of their set scope of events.

Buyer beware. The worst part was that they treated the bride and groom really shabbily on their big day. Really, there way of "dealing" with things is to ignore them and hope that the bride and groom, who paid for this will too. They do not at all appreciate the importance or expense of this day for a couple.

• Stayed September 2008
1 Thank DahliaGardening
Hartsdale NY
Reviewed May 17, 2009

My girlfriend and I celebrated my 45th birthday at the Grand Cascades Lodge, and simply loved it. So close to Manhattan, and yet a real escape. Lovely mountaintop views, and a lavish yet cozy complex. The golf courses were in excellent condition, and the food at the lodge's restaurants excellent and diverse. We both loved the rooms, which were spacious and beautiful. The greenhouse-enclosed "biosphere" pool was so much fun. All in all, we had a terrific, romantic time.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Thanks for writing a review! We are glad you enjoyed our facilities and decided to celebrate your birthday at Grand Cascades. We hope you are having a relaxing summer and that you will visit us again!

Regards,

cherry hill NJ
Reviewed April 30, 2009

My husband and I have traveled all throughout the world , and are always in search of a vacation spot close to our home. We have found it !!! Our room accomidations were beautiful, the food was amazing, and the grounds are georgious.There is so much to do at the resort. There is a great spa ,winery, horseback riding,shopping, boating,sking,..it just is endless. My husband is a golfer, and he loved the choice of 7 courses. He even won a free round of golf by hitting a shot "closest to the pin" . I spent a relaxing ,day at the spa where we were even treated to champagne.!!! The biosphere pool was georgious, and we love that you can swim all year long. I am looking forward to coming back to go to the outlet mall and visiting the winery once again. This place is A-1 with us and we can't wait to free up our schedule so we can come back again. Truly is a gem !!! Sincerely Dee & Art Weiss

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for writing a review! We really appreciate your kind words about the resort, and are so happy that your enjoyed yourself. We hope you are having a great summer, and can’t wait for you to visit us again!

Far Hills, NJ
Reviewed April 29, 2009

For my 50th (gag me) birthday, my husband suggested that I take 4 friends to a spa for a weekend and try and forget about how old I was turning. I did a lot of research and was happy to find out that your resort was only about 50 minutes from where I live. The only problem was the spa didn't have much of a track record and the opening kept getting moved back...I started calling in November. When I heard that Reflections had opened I booked a beautiful 2 bedroom suite with a lovely covered porch with fireplace, presented all my pals 3 spa treatments each, got a reservation at Latour, the Crystal Tavern, and we were off. Turns out it was a beautiful hot weekend and so added to our spa experience was the biosphere pool which was turned into an outdoor venue this past weekend. Let me just say that we had a fabulous weekend, in fact, I don't think any of us will stop talking about it for quite some time. The people who work at the Grand Cascades Lodge, from the bell-hop who hauled all our gear, the driver who took us to Milano's for dinner, the people at the front desk, the people at the pool, the waiters, waitresses and even the maids who were in the hallway, were so nice and friendly that we kept looking at each other and saying, "are we in NJ?" What an incredible place you are managing and whatever you are telling your staff about customer service is working!

And then, of course, there was Reflections. I have no idea why it took so long to open but it was certainly worth the wait. We all had facials, various massages, and body scrubs in the most relaxing atmosphere I have ever been in for any kind of treatment and I have been in quite a few all over the country. The photo op of all of us in white robes with cucumbers over our eyes is priceless. The masseuses and facial professionals were wonderful and the desk personnel knew all of us by our names by our first visit. They couldn't have been more pleasant or professional. I believe the person I should contact is Mr. Jason Scharff, and I would appreciate it if you could pass this on to him as I don't have his email address.

So now I am back home, doing laundry, making arrangements for carpooling, and thinking about what to make for dinner, but my skin looks great and I am relaxed and happy. Thanks for a memorable weekend.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Thanks for writing a review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a good birthday. We hope you are having a great summer and that you will visit us again.

Regards,

rockland county new york
Reviewed April 29, 2009

It was a lovely ride threw beautiful farm country to get to the Grand Cascades lodge. We only live 40 minutes away but we felt like we went far away on vacation. The rooms were warm & inviting. We went with another couple with 2 teens & we also had 2 teens. We booked a suite & a double room attached. It couldn't have been more comfortable. We were able to cook, eat & hang out on a great deck & the kids hung out in the next room. There was plenty of room for everyone. The Biosphere pool kept everyone one happy with its easy access to the sauna, steam room & jacuzzi. We loved the outside warm pool area too. We took a tour of the extensive wine celler. It was awsome. Can't wait to go back to this fantastic place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review. We are glad that you and your family friends enjoyed staying with us! We hope you are having a fun summer and that you will visit us again!

Thanks,

New Jersey
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We had our daughter's wedding at Crystal Springs Resort and Grand Cascades Lodge April 17-19, 2009. From the moment we walked in until the moment we left, the weekend was perfect. We began with a rehearsal dinner for over 80 people Friday night in the gorgeous Chestnut room, with delicious food and wonderful wine. The staff was amazing. All day Saturday, our guests made full use of the resort's golf courses, pool complex, and spas. We had the wedding in the outdoor wedding garden--a spectacularly beautiful setting. The reception, for 214, was in the Emerald Ballroom, with cocktails in the Rotunda. The food, ambiance, and service were the best I've ever experienced. On Sunday, we had brunch for 140 in the Rotunda. Again, food, ambiance and service were outstanding. Our daughter and new son-in-law were blissfully happy. Our guests have been calling and writing this past week to say how fantastic the weekend was. Until we started looking for wedding venues, we had never heard of Crystal Springs. The resort provides the perfect "destination wedding" without the trouble and expense of a long trip. Even though the vast majority of our guests lived within 1 hour of the resort, we still had 65 hotel rooms of guests who chose to make the wedding a weekend event. The Grand Cascades is a wonderful hotel--filled with amentities but still with a comfortable feeling. I can't recommend Crystal Springs highly enough!

• Stayed April 2009
Thanks for your review! We are so pleased to here that you and your wedding party enjoyed our resort. We are especially happy that you used our facilities and were able to have a good time. We wish the newlyweds good luck and we hope you all visit again!

Best,

Grand Cascades Lodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Quality Inn near Mountain Creek
Minerals Hotel
Minerals Hotel
#1 of 2 in Vernon
Mountain Creek - The Appalachian & Black Creek Sanctuary

Been to Grand Cascades Lodge? Share your experiences!