“Great choice!”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson Road
Description: Melange is the latest dining sensation to open in Parisppany in Morris County. We serve Asian Fusion cuisine in our own distinctive style covering the whole spectrum of South-East Asian countries. The dinner entrees have a delicious French influence while the wok specials can be cooked to your own personal taste. We are a BYOB restaurant so please feel free to bring to your beverage to enjoy with your meal. For our lunch customers, we serve a four course special from Monday through Friday for only $9! We pride ourselves on taking exceptional care of our customers and will do everything to make you come again and again. Conveniently located on Smith Road, the restaurant can be easily reached from Routes 80, 287, 46 and 10.
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Great choice!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We ate there with a table total of five and we had a very nice time here. There is indoor and outdoor seating although I am unsure when the outdoor area may be open. The Chef Joe Brown came around to our table to check on how everything was. I had the Louisiana sausage and Bean soup which was excellent. Two others at the table had the trio of soups so you could enjoy all three soups they offered. For entrees three had the shrimp and cheese grits and they both enjoyed them (one of our guests was actually from Louisiana and he enjoyed them. Another guest had the buttermilk fried breast of chicken - so much was on the plate. I had the Jambalaya which had great flavor and lots of items like shrimp and scallops and sausage in it. If you are in the area please make this a place you stop in to. The male server we had was very attentive and informed. To me any server who makes sure my ice tea is always filled is tops in my book!

Reservations can be done on-line by going to http://www.melangerestaurants.com/Haddonfield/index.html

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Mrdwithkds

NJ
“Longtime fan”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The title says it, I'm a longtime fan. From the early beginnings of Melange's previous small windowless eatery on Chapel Avenue near the Cherry Hill Mall, to the expansion to the current luxe digs, Melange has been a place I've loved introducing people to. But it's especially a favorite location for my Mom and I to enjoy together. I surprised her with Joe Brown's cookbook a good number of years ago.
The fusion of cuisines absolutely works, interesting combinations. Well presented. The service is good. The crew at Melange really do their best to accomodate. I even imagined to score a seating on New Years Eve. I will say that when they're super busy, sometimes the food can wind up a little overly spiced and some menu items will run out. Since we'd been running around Haddonfield's First Night festivities, we weren't equipped BYOB-wise, and that would have been essential. So don't forget your libations if you're inclined.
Try to enjoy a lunch on the patio if the weather is nice.
Call for your reservation, you might even wind up speaking with Joe.

• Visited December 2011
NJ
“Always a Hit”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Been to this restaurant with friends a few times and we have never been disappointed.
The food is delicious and the staff is very efficient. The chef/owner even comes around to make sure everything is satisfactory.
Tried Short Ribs for the first time at this restaurant and they were the best. They are tender, fall right off the bone and so wonderful, I will not get them anywhere else.
I highly recommend this restaurant for a nice night out with your significant other or a group of friends. Either way, you will not be sorry.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank jerseygirl8081
Philadelphia, PA
“Nice Portions but Inconsistent”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is a nice Restaurant with a very friendly owner/chef and well worth a try when you are in Haddonfield. We had a group of 5 and found the service to be attentive and the food timing excellent, particularly dining during a packed Saturday evening. The noise level in the main dining room is quite loud when the restaurant is full, so I wouldn't suggest this place if quiet romance in on your agenda.

We were all surprised by the salad portions which were large and very good. The cajun bean soup at $5 or so is a steal. Of our entres, however, the crab cakes had a lot of filler and were not memorable, my fried chicken was more soggy than the crispness I expected, the short-ribs were dry as was the pork tenderloin. The servings were well worth the price and would have been much more memorable with closer attention to their preparation.

• Visited March 2012
New Jersey
“our favorite place”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My girlfriends who are from Philly & I have dined here many times & the food is great every time we go. Thanks Chef Joe. Also had my father-in-law's 70th birthday party here. Everyone loved it!

Visited August 2011