“A lucky choice in Hackettstown”

Pandan Room Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 86 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Cuisines: Indonesian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Pandan Room restaurant is serving Thai and Indonesian Cuisine in Hackettstown area since July 2006. Thank you all for your support and regular visits.Reservations recommended especially on Friday and Saturday night.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stopped by the restaurant on a Sunday afternoon after watching a play at the Centenary College in Hackettstown NJ. All the other close "notable" restaurants were closed or unavailable. We saw a recommendation in a flyer and stopped over (note: Pandan closes at 3:00 PM on Sundays and reopens at 5:00 PM). The Pandan Room is neat, clean and just off Main Street. It does take reservations. The wait staff is young (probably college students), but they are efficient, knowledgeable and hard-working. We were there first and served promptly - but it is relatively small, fills up quickly and becomes rather noisy, but friendly. The food we ordered was Pumpkin Chestnut soup (yummy!), Jasmine Rice with Chicken, and Lemon Grass Ribs - very tasty and much more than we could eat. We took leftovers home for a future international night dinner! Overall, a great place to eat.

There are newer reviews for Pandan Room Restaurant

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Overall the experience was average at best. Food was good, not exceptional as I was expecting based on reviews. Servers seemed to be new. "Best thai food for miles" review is comical as there isnt another choice for miles, and Hackettstown certainly has few options.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

As this was one of the top "TripAdvisor" restaurants in the area we gave Pandan a shot. Reservations are a good idea, but don't guarantee a nice table, when I sat at the "wrong" table the hostess ran up and informed me that, that spot was "saved". (for a local) and an hour later a couple came in. An oriental gentleman, assume the owner, fawned over a select few tables, again locals (?) and gave us a quick, "everything ok" as he walked by. Everything was really ok and oriental and different. Lots of peanuts and peanut sauces and peanut buttery dishes. We had the sampler appetizers and grilled skewers, beef, chicken, and shrimp over rice with the mentioned peanut-y sauce. Large portions and reasonable prices. But, FYI, no liquor although BYOB seems ok.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I discovered Pandan Room last year on his birthday. We instantly fell in love. The Roti Cani is AMAZING and all of there portions are massive, I normally barely make it through the entree because their appetizers and soups are so good and their pumpkin cheese cake is so light and fluffy you have to get it even if you're full! They can make practically everything vegetarian and the staff is always so sweet, I have always left happy and we go all the time. They have a sister Pandan in Long Valley which is just as good. The chef always comes out at some point and talks with people. it really is a top notch place!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have been to Pandan Room in Hackettstown a number of times with both friends and family, in addition to ordering take-out during the last 3 years. The food, service and price are excellent! The restaurant is somewhat small but don't be fooled. As soon as the meal arrives you forget the size of the place. I have tried a number of dishes and I have yet to have a meal with which I am dissatisfied - delicious and fresh (hard not to be fresh because they have a high turnover of the food with people constantly arriving). I would like to recommend a dish but I have so many - wouldn't know where to begin! This is a very popular restaurant so try to make reservations or you may have to wait a long time if you arrive without a reservation. For those who do not know, the parking is across the street from the restaurant where you will see a sign for Trinity United Methodist Church.