“Mama's never disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mama's Cafe Baci

Mama's Cafe Baci
Ranked #3 of 84 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Specializing in gourmet pizza, pasta, chicken, veal and seafood selections, Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Vegan menus, live entertainment and outdoor garden dining and Catering to Today's Lifestyles. Now offering full bar service with beer, wine, and cocktails to enjoy with your meal.
Great Meadows, New Jersey
“Mama's never disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Mama's & Cafe Baci has the BEST Italian food in this area in my opinion. It is a well established family run business that has been keeping patrons happy since 1970. We have dined there many times and have also done take out and Mama's never disappoints! As an added benefit they also offer gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan dishes if one so desires. This visit we had a wonderful chicken dish--lightly breaded and tender chicken breast topped with bruschetta and fresh mozzarella served over mixed field greens with a balsamic vinaigrette. The chicken was juicy and oh so flavorful and the greens were crisp with a delightful sweet/tangy kick. Portions are more than plentiful for the cost. The wait staff is both courteous and efficient--a real pleasure to deal with. For dessert we had their signature mini cannoli. They were absolutely scrumptious and artfully prepared. Mama's & Cafe Baci offers several different seating areas--Cafe Baci which is a charming, intimate indoor bistro type area that offers sufficient space for parties, a more casual open dining room, the Rainbow Room, and a lovely outdoor seating area complete with running fountain. I would highly recommend a visit to Mama's & Cafe Baci--you will enjoy the food, atmosphere and service immensely!

• Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Jamestown, New York
“Have it your way at Mama’s: gluten-free and FODMAP-free!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Our server handed me a bound menu, as large as the regular menu, but full of gluten-free choices-- from appetizers, to entrees, including pastas, to desserts—and I could eat them all! I suffer with “Fructose Malabsorption” which requires me to avoid foods in all of the food groups, not just wheat, so eating out is nearly impossible. Onions and garlic are among the worse triggers. When I asked for a customized, gluten-free meal, without these additional ingredients, the staff—from servers to chef to owner—quickly and happily accommodated my special needs. Imagine eating at an Italian restaurant, ordering a gluten-free pasta and shrimp dish with pink champagne sauce, but no onions or garlic, and savoring a fabulous, flavorful meal! I raved so much that owner, Tom, said, “You must be in heaven, yes?” My reply, “YES!” Five stars is not enough!

• Visited May 2014
“I Must Going on the Wrong Night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The reviews positively glow for this place. And the owner graciously responds to the reviews here ... I don't get it. Maybe it's the pizza or the gluten-free menu...

On the positive side - everyone is super-friendly. The menu has many things you don't see everywhere else. The portions are generous.

My first gripe: The pasta (3 separate dishes) was over-cooked and flavorless. That's pretty unforgivable.

My scampi again - virtually flavorless and I wasn't able to determine what it was swimming in. Unpleasant.

As I recall from my first trip to Mama's, the desserts are very good.

This was my second trip to Mama's. The first was just okay. I don't plan on returning. There are plenty of places to eat in Hackettstown.

Thomas M, Owner at Mama's Cafe Baci, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
While a complaint about our food is a most unusual occurrence, it is one we treat very seriously. Our enduring mission is to have everyone leaving our restaurant delighted in their selecting us...... particularly due to our food and vowing to not only return but telling their friends. This clearly is not what you experienced and I apologize for your being disappointed in your experience. I ask that you allow us another chance to serve you in the way you would want. Please come by and give us another chance, reach out to me personally (908)(852-2820) so that we may regain your trust again.

Sheri / Mamas Cafe Baci.
New Jersey
“Great family atmosphere & food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is a gem- the food is delicious & the atmosphere is great. They have a gluten free menu and great service

• Visited March 2014
Thomas M, Owner at Mama's Cafe Baci, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for selecting us and for revealing your positive view of our business with others. We strive to deserve accolades like yours every single day and we will never tire of hearing that we please our treasured customers and clientele
Hackettstown, New Jersey
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a GOOD restaurant which is operated in one of the classic ways a dining establishment should be run. The owner Tommy is usually out front running things, and is very hospitable. Waiting is never a problem as his staff will bring you food and drink if you should have to wait. And waiting is not a problem, as you will be well rewarded with your dinner. Italian cuisine at its best. We have even had a catered event by Mama's, and that was a great experience as well.

• Visited October 2013
Thomas M, Owner at Mama's Cafe Baci, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We are honored by the review you posted about your experience with us. While we are constantly told face to face how much customers enjoy our service, it takes a very special person to proclaim to the online world that they should check us out. You are one of those individuals and we are proud that you do business with us.