“Great place to eat!”

Mama's Cafe Baci
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Specializing in gourmet pizza, pasta, chicken, and seafood selections, also offering full Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Vegan menus, gourmet desserts & coffees. Enjoy wine, beer and cocktails, we're open late with live entertainment and outdoor garden dining. We are known for our exceptional catering too. Come celebrate your life's events here at Mama's or at Bello Giorno Estate, or at your home, office or location of your choice. Be a guest at your own party.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The food here is fabulous and the people are great! Truly enjoyed my dinner and the prices are just right. Enjoyed the total experience. Definitely recommend Mama's - quality of food, great service, clean and beautiful decor and a great value for the family.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I must say, that I respectfully disagree with MsP59's previous negative post. I personally have been going to Mama's restaurant for over 10 years, and never before have I had a bad response to their cuisine. The Schiano family has been hard at work in HACKETTSTOWN for ever 40 years,and I wouldn't consider going anywhere else in Warren County for Italian food. I would highly recommend speaking to one of the owner's about these concerns,as I am sure they would be more than willing to accommodate.Try the pasta Vesuvio or the Champagne Palma (not sure on spelling)both are to die for.So give it another try, go on a weekend night, make reservations BYOB and enjoy life..

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have come to appreciate the great service and wonderful dishes served up at Mama's.I usually go rather late in the eventing with friends from local radio station WNTI at abot 10 pm. You'd think by then things in the kitchen would have slacked off, but no way ! Same delicious meals served up even as it nears closing time. Fantastic home made soups,. Delectable appitizers, and real home cooked entrees.Great desserts. Pastas , sauces , everything top of the line. You can always count on a warm greeting from your host Tommy. He truly appreciates your business, and always let's you know how appreciative he is. The food is truly the best ! If of interest there's even a gluten free menu.
Did I mention the menu that shows what the customers favorites are? You can't do better in Hackettstown, and if you're not in the area, it's worth the trip.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Upon arrival at Mama's we were greeted by the owner, Tom. He asked how many regular menus and how many gluten free. As a GF person, there is a worry at every visit to a restaurant: Will I be able to eat? Will I have more than one choice? By being offered the GF menu in advance, it immediately took away the worry and put me at ease. Tom asked if this was our first visit, and as it was, so he gave us a tour of the restaurant. As we took our tour with Tom, he greeted everyone he saw, making everyone feel welcome and appreciated, customer service at its best.

The GF menu was so extensive, and it had everything I could imagine. I could order just about any appetizer I could want, which is very rare at a restaurant. The selection of meals, wow, everything GF. We started our order with GF mozzarella sticks and GF zucchini sticks. They are homemade by Mama’s and they were awesome. Next they brought the bread for the table, normally a sad point of the meal for a GF person, but then she said the GF bread will be right out! What a wonderful touch to my GF meal. My selection for dinner was hard, because there were so many dishes I wanted to try. I ordered the cheese ravioli, it was awesome. My family also loved their meals, ordering off Mama’s regular menu. Their GF Dessert Menu had GF cannoli, chocolate cake, and many others.

Thank you, Tom, for taking the time to make your restaurant welcoming to the GF person. Mama’s is a wonderful Italian dining experience for everyone, you and your family should be very proud of what you have created.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I seriously don't know why this place is always busy. We give it a try every now and then to see if they learned how to get some flavor into their food and I'm sorry to say, they have not. Anyone can cook better than this. I do like the dough in their pizza but that is about it.