“Great Italian cooking , good for the soul.”
Review of Mama's Cafe Baci

Mama's Cafe Baci
Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Specializing in gourmet pizza, pasta, chicken, veal and seafood selections, Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Vegan menus, live entertainment and outdoor garden dining and Catering to Today's Lifestyles. Now offering full bar service with beer, wine, and cocktails to enjoy with your meal. View our menu https://www.mamascafebaci.com/menus
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have come to appreciate the great service and wonderful dishes served up at Mama's.I usually go rather late in the eventing with friends from local radio station WNTI at abot 10 pm. You'd think by then things in the kitchen would have slacked off, but no way ! Same delicious meals served up even as it nears closing time. Fantastic home made soups,. Delectable appitizers, and real home cooked entrees.Great desserts. Pastas , sauces , everything top of the line. You can always count on a warm greeting from your host Tommy. He truly appreciates your business, and always let's you know how appreciative he is. The food is truly the best ! If of interest there's even a gluten free menu.
Did I mention the menu that shows what the customers favorites are? You can't do better in Hackettstown, and if you're not in the area, it's worth the trip.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Upon arrival at Mama's we were greeted by the owner, Tom. He asked how many regular menus and how many gluten free. As a GF person, there is a worry at every visit to a restaurant: Will I be able to eat? Will I have more than one choice? By being offered the GF menu in advance, it immediately took away the worry and put me at ease. Tom asked if this was our first visit, and as it was, so he gave us a tour of the restaurant. As we took our tour with Tom, he greeted everyone he saw, making everyone feel welcome and appreciated, customer service at its best.

The GF menu was so extensive, and it had everything I could imagine. I could order just about any appetizer I could want, which is very rare at a restaurant. The selection of meals, wow, everything GF. We started our order with GF mozzarella sticks and GF zucchini sticks. They are homemade by Mama’s and they were awesome. Next they brought the bread for the table, normally a sad point of the meal for a GF person, but then she said the GF bread will be right out! What a wonderful touch to my GF meal. My selection for dinner was hard, because there were so many dishes I wanted to try. I ordered the cheese ravioli, it was awesome. My family also loved their meals, ordering off Mama’s regular menu. Their GF Dessert Menu had GF cannoli, chocolate cake, and many others.

Thank you, Tom, for taking the time to make your restaurant welcoming to the GF person. Mama’s is a wonderful Italian dining experience for everyone, you and your family should be very proud of what you have created.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I seriously don't know why this place is always busy. We give it a try every now and then to see if they learned how to get some flavor into their food and I'm sorry to say, they have not. Anyone can cook better than this. I do like the dough in their pizza but that is about it.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to my sister-in-law because of it's extensive gluten free menu, and everything we ordered was very good. We went with a party of 13 to celebrate a birthday, three of which have food restrictions. My oldest daughter has Celiac disease and must eat a gluten free diet, and two others have dairy allergies. The staff was extremely helpful with navigating the menu, which included a separate gluten free / dairy free menu!

The table shared appetizers of calamari, mozzarella sticks, and garlic bread from the GF menu and everyone enjoyed it! The chef even sent over complimentary plates of Ensalada Caprese for us to try! The main course was a mix of GF, dairy free, and regular selections from the menu. Portions were very generous and the food was delicious.

Deserts were sporadic at the table because everyone was stuffed, but we had to try! The adults shared a taste of a couple deserts and all of the kids ordered their own. My two daughters ordered deserts off of the GF menu; Italian cookies and a cupcake. My GF girl didn't like either. I thought the cookies were good, but I agree that the cupcake was not. The raspberry sorbetto my wife ordered, and subsequently shared with the girls, was excellent! I don't think the GF deserts are a good reflection of the restaurant's capabilities because i believe they are brought in from an outside vender. They may want to consider switching that one up a bit.

Overall, very enjoyable… especially if your looking for a nice Italian place with a great atmosphere that can accommodate specific dietary needs.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Food was good and nice selection but way over priced. Basic dinner for 2.... Spent $60 before the tip. Can get just as good a meal an ambience elsewhere.