“Stayed in Hackettstown” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hackettstown
Bowie, Maryland
“Stayed in Hackettstown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I visited my daughter and was tired of sleeping on an uncomfortable pull out sleeper. My wife does the same thing. This time, I decided to stay at the nearest hotel which was the comfort inn. It was very close, and convient. I had a wonderful night sleep compared to the sleepless nights sleeping in my daughters living room. The Hotel room was dead quiet, clean, and comfortable. I did not like the dirty coffee pot so I had to heat my water in the microwave. I told my wife who I hope will follow through on her next visit to stay in the Hotel instead of the living room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BigBadBhav, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Comfort Inn in Hackettstown, NJ is convenient, clean, reasonable. The Staff is friendly and helpful. I normally stay there once a week and have never had anything but good experiences there. I recommend it to casual travelers as a good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BigBadBhav, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and offers a decent breakfast. Internet is sluggish. There are tube TVs in the room with bad picture quality. Highly suggest a second floor (top level) room ,the walls are thin. There is a Ruby Tuesday across the parking lot which serves food until pretty late. For a runner or walker the road behind the hotel is nice and leads to a sidewalk up to a small airport which is a fun sight.

• Stayed January 2013
Byram, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I want to sincerely thank Bhavind Papaiya, General Manager, and his wonderful staff for allowing me to use their wireless network this week during the recent power outage due to Hurricane Sandy and I was not a guest! They truly represent what the word "hospitality" means and can be.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hackettstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Due to the hurricane we were not able to make it to the hotel. We had a reservation from Monday to Friday. Without power we had no way of reaching the hotel, who also did not have powe, r to cancel our reservation. We finally received power on Wednesday and called the hotel to cancel the reservation. They notified us that we would not be charged for any of the days were were supposed to stay which would have been 3 nights. Good people taking care of their community!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Windermere, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here years ago when it first opened, what a difference a few years makes. Rooms have dirty covers, only two worn pillows come with each bed. Linens are rough and old. Sinks are cracked, bathrooms are covered in mold, pc/printer in lobby broke. Lobby smells like athletic shoes and needs to be cleaned. Grounds are just as bad-overgrown and dirty. Hotel staff should not stand at front door and smoke all day. This place is gross!!!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
BigBadBhav, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience at the hotel. We certainly address the issues you have mentioned and speak with the staff and the land scape contractors.
Belvidere, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Looking for a good hotel? Let me tell you where NOT to stay…the Comfort Inn, Hackettstown or Days Inn, Budd Lake. Over a year ago, I reserved a block rooms at Comfort Inn in Hackettstown for 9/23 for wedding guests. On Friday, less than 24 hours before arrival, guests were called and told they were moved to the Days Inn, Budd Lake, a much further hotel.
When I called, the manager said he had rented the rooms to "an energy company from Oxford NJ" and I had no recourse. Guests would get the rooms at half the cost. Too bad for inconvenience.

When guests arrived at Days Inn before the rehearsal dinner, rooms weren’t ready and when they arrived at the hotel later that night after dinner, rooms were filthy with stained carpet and towels, dirty tubs, coffee makers with used grinds, broken chairs, and bugs. One couple left as they were only offered a smoking room; they had to find somewhere else at the last minute...late at night, right before the wedding!

I contacted both managers, Choice Hotels, and Wyndham Hotels to no avail. Guests who complained were also dismissed.
They treated us, local residents, and our guests like expendable trash. I am furious and embarrased.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank jerseypsychomom46
BigBadBhav, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hello

I am sorry that your guests were moved to another hotel. We have done all we can with the one night comped room for each guest and the Goodie bag with the apology letter.

We also did adhere to the Choice Hotels Walking Policy.

Again we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hackettstown
Days Inn Budd Lake
Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake
Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!