“tried 3 times”

Little Tokyo
Ranked #22 of 89 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 8, 2012

gave it 3 chances. twice when it first opened. food was ok. service slow. then tried recently. a few pieces of sushi were spoiled...ruins the whole meal. chef did offer replacement pieces but the taste damage was done. we really tried to give thema chance because the place is nice.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

The 3Xs we've been there, never been disappointed.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We were invited to Little Tokyo by friends for a celebration lunch. I didn't even know this place existed, and probably would have ignored it based on the non-descript look from the outside. DON'T miss this! The sushi rolls were fresh and fantastic - and because of the size of the group (12 of us), came on a 'sushi ship' (you'd have to see it). The beef teriyaki was amazing. They have Korean house specialties. We had the Bi Bam Bap and one made in a stone pot - both new to me. Excellent! 6 people in the group had never been before, and we all walked away with take out menu's (the 'girls' are already planning our own evening there). Even the kids enjoyed it. Atmosphere inside was lovely, service was very hospitable. If you like Japenese/Korean fusion, or like to experience new foods, this is a great place to try.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had the sushi lunch here and it was very nice. Nice service and food was good

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Little Tokyo is a recent addition to the Hackettstown restaurant scene and I finally had the opportunity to try it out. Stopped by at around 5 pm on a recent Saturday evening for take out. It is very comfortable inside and nicely decorated. After I ordered the waiter/host offered me a cup of Japanese Tea. Very welcome for a chilly December evening.

When I returned home with my dinner I thoroughly enjoyed my maki as well as my miso soup. All the seafood was fresh, rice was perfect consistency and it was delicious. I am hoping to stop by there again soon and sit down this time for a meal with my husband.

2  Thank galvirgo