“One of our favorites !”

Dining options: Reservations
washington, nj
“One of our favorites !”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

ok.. Champagne Vinagerette dressing is so good !! SCAMPI !!! Best Scampi ! They even do it appetizer size !! We love it here... drinks are so good too !! Always has different specials ! Can' go wrong kind of place !

• Visited May 2012

Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Nice Country Atmosphere, OK Food”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We arrived Saturday night around 6:30 PM. The restaurant only had a few tables taken, so we seated immediately. The inside had a warm, cozy, country atmosphere. They had dining outside on the patio also, which overlooked a small creek. We took pictures out back after we dined. The views were quite nice. I had a beef burger that came with fries, coleslaw & garlic pickle. The restaurant offers a light fare entrée, a real nice feature. My wife ordered a light fare filet mignon that came with mashed potatoes and spinach. The spinach was like casserole with cheese on top, but it was not the greatest, and the mashed potatoes were boxed. The service could have been better, but we didn’t mind waiting. Overall although, we enjoyed ourselves, mainly because the atmosphere out did the food. Next time we go back, we want to have dinner on the patio overlooking the creek.

• Visited April 2012
Budd Lake, New Jersey
“down the tubes”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

terrible service. loved it as a kid/young adult, wouldn't go back.

New Jersey
“They make you feel at home”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Remember the lyrics from the show Cheers, “…..where everybody knows your name." That's how they make you feel at the Pump House. You’ll feel like part of the family. The proprietors, Eileen and Roger, owners for 30 years, know their customer base by name, know how to take care of them, and new comers are always welcomed. If you're looking for a chain environment try an Applebee's or an Olive Garden. If you're looking for good continental cuisine in a comfortable setting, try the Pump House. If dining alfresco is your thing, there isn't a better restaurant with a better view of the Musconetcong River. The steaks are great, my favorite, steak and lobster. You can spend three times as much for the same steak at Ruth’s Chris, and not have as much fun. Try it, and join their Champagne Club, it’s the best frequent guest reward program around.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Jim C
Hackettstown, New Jersey
“Much improved”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Make a reservation on weekends, just in case. We visited here last year for lunch and were underwhelmed with the food and service, but decided to give it another try, this time for dinner. The atmosphere was warm and cozy and we were greeted enthusiastically. Although our waitress never Introduced herself, she was attentive and friendly. I had the crab bisque to start and it was so rich and yummy, I decided to hold off on finishing it because my meal came with a salad and a side. My salad arrived as requested: no tomatoes, no onions. They had a good choice of dressings (five, I believe) and my champagne vineragette dressing was lovely, with just the right amount of tang. My Roasted Duck entree was perfect. It was glazed the old fashioned way, with orange sauce and mandarin slices. It was a lot of meat and my only complaint was that I had to cut it myself. I considered sending it back for slicing, but it was easy enough for me to manage and there was very little wasted. The meat was well roasted and succulent with as little fat as I have ever seen on a duck (can you imagine?). My Yukon gold mashed potatoes was homey good, but with a flavor I could not really place. I ate it mindlessly as that duck had my entire attention! The promised warm bread was good and the basket actually came with enough butter for our party of two not to have to share a pat! We don't drink, but two tables nearby ordered wine and seemed happy with their choices. My husband had a salad and the 1 1/2 pound of BBQ ribs. The ribs did not fit on his large plate. He could not finish his ribs and so he took them home (he said his desire for ribs was quenched for a very long time; as is my desire for duck. No skimpy portions here!). We will return and try more appetizers and see if their dessert selection improves (we were too full to test it this time). Overall, a wonderful dinning experience in Hackettstown, NJ and I am happy that they are now more passionate about their food and service then they first showed us a year ago.

• Visited November 2011