“Fit for a Governor!”

Everitt House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hackettstown
Everitt House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hackettstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We found this place by chance while walking across America, on the Great American Walkabout! It was fantastic! It was an old Governor's Mansion that has been renovated and improved over the years, and now is a bed and breakfast. It has wonderful Victorian Charm, and the owner Beverly really makes you feel welcome and at home. She even took us out to dinner down the street!

Breakfast the next morning was amazing, and when we mentioned we were magicians, she called a friend and invited him over, world famous Magician Bill Wisch! He was one of our hero's in magic, and it was an incredible surprise to get to meet him!

The house itself if lovely, spacious, absolutely charming, and really fits your idea of the best experience you can have in a bed and breakfast. For anyone looking to get out of the city for a night or weekend, or just to have a relaxing night, this really is the place to go. It is only a short drive from New York City, so would be perfect for a New Yorker trying to get away. I even mention the place in my book, The Great American Walkabout. HIghly Recommend!

Room Tip: Tell them The Great American Walkabout sent you!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had arranged with the owner of the Everitt House, Beverly, to stay there the night before my wedding with my bridal party. We were going to rent a suite and two additional rooms. We had planned to get ready there the morning of the wedding. After numerous correspondences between Beverly and I through e-mail and over the phone, all seven of the women staying there put the money aside to leave a deposit for our upcoming stay.

Beverly and I had scheduled for me to take a look at the rooms available for the bridal preparation at 5:30 pm on a Wednesday. I live over an hour away. My mother and I rearranged our work schedules and sat in two hours of traffic to get to the Everitt House. At 5:40 pm, I called Beverly to let her know that we would be there within fifteen minutes at most. At that time, she let us know that she already left (only ten minutes after our appointment), with no call or letting us know. Beverly said, "It wasn't going to work out". Then, Beverly hang up on me, and did not return my calls.

After sitting in traffic there and back for over three hours to get to the Everitt House and being literally cancelled on the very last minute (luckily, I called!), I cannot believe the INCONSIDERATION and how UNPROFESSIONAL the Everitt House is operated.

Obviously, planning a wedding is very detailed, and the Everitt House was not a reliable establishment to depend on for my event, or any event for that matter. Hanging up on a customer is never acceptable. IS THIS HOW A BUSINESS IS RUN?

Not only will my friends and I be taking hundreds of dollars of our business to another establishment, I highly encourage anyone TO TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank passionat2
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This bed and breakfast is out of this world. I felt very welcome and the room was fantastic. The innkeeper, Beverly, was so kind and made me feel right at home. She has a passion for what she does and it shows. If you are in the area, you should stop over, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012

After a fairytale wedding we spent the next two nights at the lovely, charming and cozy Everitt House. When looking for the ideal place to stay after the wedding we found The Everitt House; from the moment we walked in we knew it was where we wanted to stay. The owner, Beverly, is delightful. She was so friendly and accommodating, it was as though you were staying with family. She even acted like family remaining calm, cool, and collected when my new husband asked her at one o'clock in the morning if it was okay he invited seven friends for breakfast. She replied with a big smile and said that would be fine. The next morning, upon descending the stairs from our gorgeous Empire bedroom decorated with fine antiques and in lush green coloring, we were greeted by Beverly busy in the kitchen preparing breakfast for some other guests. She welcomed us and gave us coffee to enjoy on the porch while we waited for our friends. The beautiful table was set with antique depression glass and fine china. The breakfast she prepared was amazing ~ everything from fresh fruit to eggs cooked to order with homemade pancakes and muffins as well. We spent two hours reminiscing about the wedding while enjoying the fabulous feast. Our friends were so impressed, they will be sure to stay at The Everitt House when visiting. Our second night of our stay was perfect. The next morning we were looking forward to breakfast and Beverly outdid herself with pumpkin pancakes, special bacon from Lancaster County and a beautiful omelet. We hated to leave but were happy we experienced this hidden gem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia E
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Have stayed in a lot of B&B's, but few give the sense of "home" like this one. Thoroughly enjoyed the room, the breakfast and the friendly chatter with Beverly. Would stay again without a second thought. It's fantastic! (The town was fun too. Enjoyed walking around in the evening.)

Make sure you ask for the blueberry pancakes :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jasonfwright
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We were visiting our former international graduate students, now considered another set of our adult children, and their three-year-old twins. They found the Everitt House, thought it looked charming, but had no experience with the place other than the visual.
From the moment we walked in the door we knew we'd have a great stay in a restored Victorian home. The owner had traveled widely, as have we (we're both retired USAF medical officers), and had clearly brought her experience to decor and meals.
Our room was comfortable, well appointed and bright. Our breakfasts were superb. Quiet and charming, the Everitt House is top-notch. It was a wonderful haven after days with the twins.

Room Tip: The Empire room, on the second floor, was a perfect fit for this pair of 70ish active folk
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FCwriterguy
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This B&B is located close to Main St. on Hackettstown, so it's an easy walk to visit the town.
The breakfasts Beverly makes are great! Delicious fresh fruit and amazing frittatas.
When we got to the B&B the amenities were shown and we were taken to our room. You get a key and have the liberty to manage your hours. No lockouts!

The room was clean and, as they had told us, there was room for our 7 month old's packn'play (portable crib). The first night was great until we had the a/c, all the lights, and the fan on. All of the sudden, we had no electricity. But an electrician was called immediately and the problem was fixed. We ended up having a great night sleep.

I had to score this hotel as average because of the electrical issue. But I would definitely come back to this B&B because the atmosphere was very good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Radabremar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hackettstown
Quality Inn
Super 8 Budd Lake
Super 8 Budd Lake
#1 of 4 in Budd Lake
Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater

Been to Everitt House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!