“Excellent food!!”

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Hackettstown, New Jersey
“Excellent food!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Whether you choose to eat upstairs or downstairs by the grills, the quality is good.The chefs by the grills downstairs give a good show as well as cook your food; very entertaining.

• Visited February 2014

Califon
“Disappointing first visit”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We arrived for our reserved time with a part of 5 to celebrate a birthday. We decided to order the seafood pancake as an appetizer. It was tasty but could have cooked a bit longer. The birthday boy ordered, among other things, a dragon roll that looked like a dragon when presented. However, the underbelly was fatty and again, undercooked. I salvaged the roll by stripping out the fatty (unchewable) underbelly. As for myself and another family member, we had Gol Dop Bi Bim Bap, which is usually a mixture of rice, Asian vegetables, seasoned beef, and a raw egg served in a very hot stone bowl. Add the hot bean paste and you should be good to go. I have had this dish in at least 10 other restaurants, in CA, NYC, VA, and NJ. This time there were very, very few vegetables. The dish was tasty but mostly rice. The only saving grace was the service. Our waitress (I am not politically correct and will not use Server) was outstanding. If the food matched the service, I would have put this place on my A list. Next time we will go to Domo 7 in Chester, NJ. PS, we arrived before the crowd so there is not reason for dishes being undercooked or not prepared properly.

• Visited March 2014
NJ
“Not a great value for the money”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have been going here for years. The food is good but as the years progress the rolls keep getting thinner and the dinners smaller while prices keep going up

• Visited January 2014
New Jersey Countryside
“Great sushi”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I was one of the first customers here back when they opened years ago. I was so happy to get top quality sushi in Hackettstown. The owner is very friendly and oversees a tightly run ship. I prefer to sit at the sushi bar. My favorite is the playboy roll. The hibachi downstairs is pricy but good for a special occasion with the kids.

• Visited January 2014
Blairstown, New Jersey, USA
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Been going to Fujiyama for years. Sushi very fresh, never disappointed.
The Owner, greets you when you arrive and when you leave, very nice man.

Visited August 2013