“Great Sushi”
Review of Fujiyama

Fujiyama
Ranked #6 of 84 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Blairstown, New Jersey, USA
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Been going to Fujiyama for years. Sushi very fresh, never disappointed.
The Owner, greets you when you arrive and when you leave, very nice man.

Visited August 2013

Hackettstown, New Jersey
“Wow better than I expected!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We moved to Hackettstown a year and a half ago and finally went to Fujiyama for Hibachi last weekend. The restaurant was packed on a Saturday night but we were seated right away. Our chef was really good and my daughters both enjoyed his "antics". Ambience was good and while there were a lot of people in a pretty small room it really didn't feel that crowded. The food was a LOT better than I thought and the portions are really large. They give you noodles, rice and vegetables along with soup with the Hibachi dinners. No need to order extra sides as I mentioned they give you a big portion of all three. The two sauces they give you were great especially the Yumyum sauce which I asked them to refill a couple of times! I had the Filet and Shrimp combo and it was delicious. I also ordered a spicy tuna roll as an appetizer and while it was good I wouldn't do it again as the dinner was so filling. We didn't have dessert (too full) and we just had water to drink but they do have a liquor license. All in all a delicious meal...much better than Benihana! The only downside was the price. For two adults and a child the total bill with tax was over $100 and we didn't have any billed beverages. That being said I'm glad I went and would go back again.

Visited October 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Good sushi for a huge price”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was worried when they handed me a hot towel prior to the meal. The sushi was average; or at least average for one from the west coast. The cost was way too high for the food. I imagine it is a great place to go on a date, but one to avoid on a business trip.

Visited September 2013
“Best restaurant in Hackettstown for sure.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just looking at the other 2 restaurants rated better than Fujiyama on here, I'd strongly disagree with that ranking. I've been to those places before, but none beat Fujiyama. The food is always amazing, fresh, and well worth the money. Service is amazing and the owner is great, always greeting you inside. The interior looks great, and yeah, just no complaints about this restaurant whatsoever.

• Visited August 2013
United States
“Always delicious!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Dined at Fujiyama over a dozen times in the Hibachi section of the restaurant and we have never had a bad meal. I get the Vegetarian Delight everytime and the tofu is delicious - some of the best I've ever had. My boyfriend always changes it up and has had everything on the menu - and he always says the chicken, seafood and meat are always cooked perfectly and are tender. Everyone's meal comes with miso soup, salad, fried rice, noodles and vegetables. Also anyone who gets a meat or seafood dish gets 2 extra shrimp. If you are lucky to get a table alone because it is slow you will definitely get more rice, noodles and vegetables then with a large group of people. The waiters are all very attentive and friendly, when you run out of a drink they are right there to offer you another. It is also BYOB so you can stop at the liquor store that is right down the road and bring whatever you'd like. The chefs are all very talented, funny and never disappoint. When choosing between Fujiyama and SOGO Hibachi in Denville - we always pick Fujiyama.

• Visited July 2013