“Fun restaurant for birthday celebration!”
Review of Fujiyama

Fujiyama
Ranked #6 of 88 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Good food and children & adults alike entertained! Special recognition given for a birthday celebrant!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Have eaten here multiple times with family and friends and have never been disappointed. Food is always fresh and there's something for everyone on the menu. It's a byob so you can save on the bar tab. Restaurant is very clean and staff is eager to please and friendly. Hibachi grills are on the first level so if thats not your scene , it wont interfere with your dining experience upstairs. Some dishes are pricey, but are worth it in my opinion mainly because of the ambiance and attention to detail by the owner. Always left there with a smile and full stomach. Try the Playboy Roll !

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our last time here was a disaster as the back-up in the Hibatci Room was overwhelming the place. This time we went earlier and ate upstairs. Service was good. The food was good but didn't blow us away. My Fujiyama Box was too much and one couldn't eat everything before cooling off. I'd come back and just try to avoid the busy times downstairs.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We came most recently for my wife's birthday, which was via reservation on a Sunday evening. They were suitably prepared for us with extra wait staff and a nice table by the window. The owner made a special point to greet us and check on us multiple times, and the food was everything you could expect and more. I'm not a sushi guy myself, but if you're looking for a good alternative, try the Yaki Udon. The best part though was when it was time to sing happy birthday to my wife the whole staff came to sing to her, having kept the surprise well-hidden, and the owner got way up in my wife's face and starred her in the eyes. I honestly though he was going to kiss her on the cheek, so was blushing so much. The usual complaint of the place is price. Sushi is expensive wherever you go. But at least this is the best local place for it.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The food is good but not for the price, but I like the bald guy who sings to the people on their birthday. But otherwise it's not worth the money