“"Yummy, yummy?"”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fujiyama

Fujiyama
Ranked #6 of 84 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Hackettstown, NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Yummy, yummy?"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We came most recently for my wife's birthday, which was via reservation on a Sunday evening. They were suitably prepared for us with extra wait staff and a nice table by the window. The owner made a special point to greet us and check on us multiple times, and the food was everything you could expect and more. I'm not a sushi guy myself, but if you're looking for a good alternative, try the Yaki Udon. The best part though was when it was time to sing happy birthday to my wife the whole staff came to sing to her, having kept the surprise well-hidden, and the owner got way up in my wife's face and starred her in the eyes. I honestly though he was going to kiss her on the cheek, so was blushing so much. The usual complaint of the place is price. Sushi is expensive wherever you go. But at least this is the best local place for it.

• Visited April 2013

“A LOT OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The food is good but not for the price, but I like the bald guy who sings to the people on their birthday. But otherwise it's not worth the money

NY/NJ
“I have no idea how the food is, we couldn't get in....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Despite having a reservation, when we arrived at 7:30 on a Saturday night, there must have been 49 people just waiting in the lobby, getting liquored up by the sounds of it. We tried to get to the counter, and finally made it, but the hostess, never acknowledged us and was running around like a chicken without a head. Now approaching 7:45, people in the lobby, who were loud and obviously getting drunk, mentioned that they had 7:00PM reservations and were told it would still be at least 30 minutes. Realizing we'd have to wait over an hour, and seeing the shape of these kids downing saki (and I wasn't even sure they were legal)? We decided to just leave. We did take a chance to see if upstairs was any better and they had an hour wait. Obviously, time management here is an issue. It's a real shame because its one of the better places in town. Either just tell walk ups that you can't seat them that night, pace your seating or don't take as many reservations or some combination thereof, but what we saw last night was total chaos. If I didn't have a gift certificate to spend, I'd probably just write the place off for good after that experience.

• Visited January 2013
Hackettstown, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

It's BYOB, so I always make sure to bring a bottle of wine with me. The prices are perfect and very affordable, for delicious food and sushi. The waiters are very friendly and the restaurant has a calm, quiet atmosphere that I really appreciate and enjoy. I wouldn't recommend this for big families (with lots of children), but if you find a good babysitter one night, it's an excellent date night location! ;)

Visited December 2012
Lakeland, Florida
“Amazing, amazing, amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is some of the best hibachi you will ever eat. The waiter may not always succeed in throwing the vegetables into your mouth, but he succeeds in every other aspect (including filling you up with deliciousness). We're going back very soon, and we've been there many times. The nice thing for vegetarians is that they have the Vegetarian Delight option and will cook the vegetables and the other non-meat items before putting any meat on the grill. The tables are circular (probably seating up to 12) and great for big groups or families (we went as a couple, so that is possible as well). Excellent for special occasions or just to satisfy your hibachi needs! We did not try the sushi, but there is also a separate restaurant for sushi. Not cheap, though. TRY IT.

• Visited December 2012