“I have no idea how the food is, we couldn't get in....”
Review of Fujiyama

Fujiyama
Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Despite having a reservation, when we arrived at 7:30 on a Saturday night, there must have been 49 people just waiting in the lobby, getting liquored up by the sounds of it. We tried to get to the counter, and finally made it, but the hostess, never acknowledged us and was running around like a chicken without a head. Now approaching 7:45, people in the lobby, who were loud and obviously getting drunk, mentioned that they had 7:00PM reservations and were told it would still be at least 30 minutes. Realizing we'd have to wait over an hour, and seeing the shape of these kids downing saki (and I wasn't even sure they were legal)? We decided to just leave. We did take a chance to see if upstairs was any better and they had an hour wait. Obviously, time management here is an issue. It's a real shame because its one of the better places in town. Either just tell walk ups that you can't seat them that night, pace your seating or don't take as many reservations or some combination thereof, but what we saw last night was total chaos. If I didn't have a gift certificate to spend, I'd probably just write the place off for good after that experience.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

It's BYOB, so I always make sure to bring a bottle of wine with me. The prices are perfect and very affordable, for delicious food and sushi. The waiters are very friendly and the restaurant has a calm, quiet atmosphere that I really appreciate and enjoy. I wouldn't recommend this for big families (with lots of children), but if you find a good babysitter one night, it's an excellent date night location! ;)

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is some of the best hibachi you will ever eat. The waiter may not always succeed in throwing the vegetables into your mouth, but he succeeds in every other aspect (including filling you up with deliciousness). We're going back very soon, and we've been there many times. The nice thing for vegetarians is that they have the Vegetarian Delight option and will cook the vegetables and the other non-meat items before putting any meat on the grill. The tables are circular (probably seating up to 12) and great for big groups or families (we went as a couple, so that is possible as well). Excellent for special occasions or just to satisfy your hibachi needs! We did not try the sushi, but there is also a separate restaurant for sushi. Not cheap, though. TRY IT.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Fuijiyama is the go to place, in my opinion, for Sushi in the Warren County area. The owner is an incredibly friendly man too. Get the Samauri Roll and smoked salmon roll! yum!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Food is good and service very good. It is a nice place to go for a special occasion. Very few times have I ever seen families with children in here. That makes it nice for those who wish a quiet , nice place to get a great meal.