“Great service and food”

Prickly Pear Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Wife and I celebrated our anniversary here because we wanted a BYOB with good food. Second anniversary in a row here and I have had some lunches here during the year. Friendly and attentive service any time I am there. I had braised short ribs dish which was filling because of the rich (a little too salty) gravy and great real mash potatoes. My wife had the grilled pork chop which was excellent. The Prickly Pear salad dressing is great on the salad provided. Dishes may be priced up $2-$3, but the ability to bring your own wine more than makes up for that. Menu is not that expansive, but i'm sure they would alter certain preparations of dishes. This is a place we will re-visit from time to time.

1  Thank LarrySchu

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Love the hanger steak - the potatoes that come with it are amaaaaazing! highly recommend! staff is always super friendly. love prickly!!!

1  Thank tigerliz21
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I hadn't been here for some time after our very first visit when they first opened. The last time we had a really good meal and tonight was the same. We may need to ocme here more often. My paella was moist and tasty, altohugh I didn't think the beef fillet really made sense here. More chozio would have been better or a mussel or two, which were on the specials list. My wife's hanger steak was good as well. No room for dessert.

2  Thank pensfan58
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Yes it is true. Somehow this chef decided to open in a strip mall in Hackettstown. There is great attention to detail in all the meals prepared here. The portion sizes are large and the service is friendly. BYOB with a bottle store a few steps away. A good solid meal consistently.

2  Thank jtcdc
Reviewed August 10, 2013

had lunch with a group of 10 after play at centenary college service gracious and attentive food generous and well prepared prix fix lunch 14.95 great deal good experience also have aprefix dinner available

1  Thank FIRSTTIMERRETIREDNOW