“I had been a long time since we were last here, shouldn't have been”
Review of Prickly Pear Restaurant - CLOSED

Prickly Pear Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
NY/NJ
“I had been a long time since we were last here, shouldn't have been”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We ate here when they first opened and didn't enjoy it. I guess experiences stay with you and we always found somewhere else to go. However, with a gift certificate to burn, we ate here on New Year's Eve. The price fix dinner included an appy , salad and entree. I have to say that I enjoyed all three. If I had a complaint, it was that we felt a little rushed. Removing one diner's plate when the other is still eating makes that person feel rushed. But this was minor and the food was good and service overall acceptable. Being a BYOB is an added plus.

• Visited December 2012

New Jersey
“Prickly Pear Perfection”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Prickly Pear is our favorite restaurant in Hackettstown. It is a BYOB in a strip mall on the western side of town with a comfortable atmosphere. The chef/owner does a great job of preparing seasonal items and staples that always have an interesting ingredient. We have taken relatives and friends there who still talk about the great meal that they enjoyed. I only wish they were open on Sunday when we tend to go out to eat, but I understand that they need to have two days off in a row to have a family life. I'm looking forward to going to the PP again very soon!

• Visited November 2012
New Jersey
“A Great Lunch Special”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

For $10 the Prickly Pear has a wonderful lunch. It comes with soup, which is always amazing. There are numerous choices for the lunch special, one of my favorites is the salmon. Lunch comes with french fries: they always let me substitute salad or vegetables. You can add desert for a small fee, I am always too full.

High quality food. A great lunch special.

• Visited December 2012
Morris County, New Jersey
“Great Seasonal Menu”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

The menu is always updated to reflect great seasonal foods. Plus, they leave the excellent usuals on the menu. Always food food & nice atmosphere.

“Prickly pear”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is nice and the food was good, a little pricey though. I won't go back because they had hardly any vegetarian options. The chef did the best he could with what he had to work with.